Author Topic: Here's a new web site I joined for FREE that is earning me money for writing  (Read 13851 times)

Offline Melita

Re: Here's a new web site I joined for FREE that is earning me money for writing
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 07:19:43 AM »
I have just posted my first blog on writersup.com. I live in Somerset and hadn't really considered the whole dollars/pounds thing. But if any money actually comes along, I'll worry about it then. Not sure about earning money yet, but is good to have somewhere to post thoughts, etc. Even though most of the other people are American and probably have no idea what I'm talking about (maybe it wasn't a good idea for my first submission to be a rant about America.) If anyone wants to read my blog (sorry, blatant plug - actually I don't think you're allowed to tell other people to visit your blog - ah, well, don't say I told you) my name is Melita there too. Cheers, goldanon

Offline goldanon

Re: Here's a new web site I joined for FREE that is earning me money for writing
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 08:52:22 AM »
Hey Melita, there are a lot of English, Canadian and even a few Aussies at WritingUp, and a rant about America?  Tee hee, you will be asked to join the gonzo warriors if you keep that up - it is mostly what I do in there is rant about our present administration and all the other horrible things about this country - you might find a few flag wavers responding unkindly but most others will probably agree (I ahven't read it yet, but hey as they say here, it's ALL good...  They dont' mind you telling others to read the blog, in fact they WANT you to promote it; you just can't tell anyone to click on your ads.

Offline Wantabe

• Allow me to introduce my son Jared, cute isn't he!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 03:18:14 AM »
I might be a bit slow so bare with me.  If I am to understand blogging correctly, I can write about whatever subject I wish and submit it for all to read and with some help, make money from it? 

What if I want to build an interactive blog where I write a story always leaving it off at a cliff hanger.  Then have the readers post ideas on where the story will go next.  They could make predictions of what happens and I submit the next segment every couple of weeks.  Oh dang, I just gave away my retirement plan!  No seriously, any thoughts on this?

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
Sounds brilliant if you get paid for it ... but then I don't know the pitfalls!
T
Big T  :o

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:12 AM »
Melita - you are welcome to post the URL of your blog on Mywriterscircle.com. For repeat exposure, just add it to the signature text in your Profile. It will then appear in small letters at the foot of every message you post on the forum. As you will see, my signature text advertises my homepage and my blog.

Wantabe - I like your idea very much. You will still need to attract traffic to make it work, however. Also, if you are relying on Adsense income alone, you are likely to have a very poorly funded retirement! Note, however, that the fees you get from people clicking on AdSense ads vary according to the topic they are about, and this in turn depends on the topic of your blog (which the AdSense software senses). So if you want to maximise your AdSense income, it would be a good idea to set your story in a real estate office and have a plot concerning insurance (both high-paying subjects!).

One final potential problem is that it isn't always easy for people to comment on blogs. This depends on the service/software you are using, but in the case of Blogger blogs, you can't post a comment unless you also have a Blogger account yourself.

HTH

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline sugy

• A baby squirrel.
    • Golf Grumble
Finally I went and checked this site writingup, but got stuck immediately. Sorry for asking a very basic question, do we have to have a website of our own before we apply?

Sugy