Author Topic: Here's a new web site I joined for FREE that is earning me money for writing  (Read 13853 times)

Offline goldanon

It is perfect for anyone who already writes an online blog.  But it works for anyone who loves to write.  You can write on anything – submit stories or pick a subject you’re an expert on or have experience in – a hobby, a special talent, your job, etc…
There’re no strings attached, no contract, no sign-up fee.  The more you write, the more you earn.  The amount you earn depends on how much you write.
You're not going to be able to quit your job, but you can make anywhere from an extra $50 dollars a month to $3-400 a month.  It all depends on how much you write.

When you sign up, I get the same ads that are placed on your blog put on my blog. This  is how we earn (through the ads placed on our blogs) so I ask that when they ask you who referred you, please put    fggoldston

When you get there, check out the “getting started” on the left hand side for instructions on how to sign up. 
Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Many thanks for this, Goldanon. I've looked at it myself, and it appears to be genuine. The income derives from Google AdSense advertisements on the free "blog" site you are provided with. These are basically ads piped on to your site by Google, related to the topic of your site (which Google automatically senses). Every time someone clicks on one of these ads, a small fee is paid by the advertiser concerned. Half the time you get this money, and half the time it goes to the hosting company (writingup.com).

It's a perfectly reasonable scheme if you don't want to get involved in setting up a blog yourself. I do just have a few reservations.

1. If you make your blog about freelance writing, the adverts will pay very little (a few cents a click). I know this from my homepage at www.nickdaws.co.uk! If you want to make any real money from AdSense, you will need to write about topics advertisers pay big bucks for, e.g. risk management, real estate, auto insurance, and so on.

2. Even without any programming knowledge, you could quite easily set up your own free blog at www.blogger.com and monetize it with AdSense (this is very easy, as both Blogger and AdSense are both owned by Google).

3. With your own blog hosted on Blogger, you get to keep 100% of the AdSense revenue, and you also have a lot more flexibility about 'fine tuning' the site's appearance.

I don't want to sound totally negative about writingup.com. If you really can't be bothered with setting up a Blogger account, it does provide an instant "turnkey" alternative. The multi-level aspect means you can also boost your earnings by introducing others (you then get 10% of all their sites' advertising revenue, taken from the 50% that would otherwise go to writingup.com). However, I'm afraid I won't be signing up for an account myself!

Nick GM
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:03:07 AM by Nick »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline goldanon

I knew there had to be a catch!  But tell me, if I make my own blog and sign up with Adsense, don't I have to pay them to sign up with them?

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
No, there is no cost for opening a Blogger or an AdSense account.

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Lingua Pura

• Life and living
Nick / all

I have just tried Blogger and Adsense. Looks good. Looking forward to experimenting with it, less for the income earning potential than for the fun. It is after all another form of free website to use as you will.

Many thanks

Stephen

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Good luck, Stephen. Do let us know how you get on. And feel free to post your Blogger URL, so we can take a look at your blog for ourselves!

Nick GM

Offline Lingua Pura

• Life and living
Nick (et al)

Many thanks for that. I am still trying to work out how to get the best from Blogger after 24 hours.  Here is the site:

http://linguapura1.blogspot.com

Hope it makes you smile. The story in there 'The Lightness of Choux Pastry' is the sample I have posted for review in MyWritersCicrle (the link is in my 'signaure' below).

Warm regards

Stephen
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 12:25:56 PM by Lingua Pura »

Offline chillies

I'm new to all these bloggs. Are they the same as a website? And how much you you seriously stand to make?

I know you wont be able to give up the day job, but say compared to the average article bought by a magazine, is is more, less or just about equal.

Whilst I'm on, I know this is perhaps not the right subject for this part of the site, but, is there a spellchecking facility you can use before submitting work to one of these bloggs.

chillies

Offline Mary Ann

I'm new to all these bloggs. Are they the same as a website? And how much you you seriously stand to make?

I know you wont be able to give up the day job, but say compared to the average article bought by a magazine, is is more, less or just about equal.

Whilst I'm on, I know this is perhaps not the right subject for this part of the site, but, is there a spellchecking facility you can use before submitting work to one of these bloggs.

chillies

Yes... what IS a Blog?   ??? ???

Mary Ann

Offline goldanon

Sorry to get back to yu with this reply so late!  Have been out of the loop for a while.  I'm knew to blogging too - basically it's a web log that people keep - usually just their friends go there to read 'up' on the latest happenings (mostly teen-agers used it in the beginning).  But now, the blogging world has earned a small reputation as some bloggers have become "famous" - that is to say, they read the reviews or general opinions on the newscasts over here in teh USA (give them about 5-10 minutes airtime once a day on CNN and once a week on other 24 hour news shows).
But, the problem with making your own blog and putting up adsense that I have recently discovered, is that NO ONE goes to your site!  And you only make money if people click on your ads!  And you're not allowed to ask people to click on the ad like you could in the old days... (remember wehn they had those free web sites and a note below the ads saying - please take a look at the ad, it's how we keep this web site free?  Youi can't do that with Adsense - they get INcensed if you do and will cancel your account!  They also check any uninterrupted clicking etc... they are very particular about who clicks what ad as they are having a hard time coming up with solutions for 'fraudulent clicking.')
The thing about putting your blog on writingup.com is that they get the traffic to the site for you.  They used to take 40% comission on all your ads, but they have changed that to 10% just for NOW (they did say that they were going to change back to the 40% commission once the site is running as they want it to.)  I started my blog in early January, and should be receiving my first paycheck from them for $100.00 (they don't pay you until you make 100 or more).
So it took me about 2months to make $100 (I have a very large family though and some households have two or more computers in them!)  That averages out to about $1.50 a day.  But you must keep in mind that the type of stuff I put up on my blog is not what most people expect or want from a blog.  I would imagine that if you could get yourself any type of niche - movie reviewer, nail-gun engineer expert, fish expert etc... that you could easily make more than I have - it really depends on how much traffic you are able to get to your site.  (about 1/3 of the people who read you are going to click on at least one ad, even if it's only by accident - they place the ads in such a way that an accidental click is more likely to happen...)

Offline Mary Ann

::)Oh, it sounds like too much messing about for me.  I am not very good at making web-sites etc anyway so I don't think I will bother. Still, $100 -  is $100 isn't it?  That's about £70.00 in English money.  Thanks for the info.  I had heard of blogs but had no idea what they were.

Mary Ann

Offline f0xYRo$h

• You can't paint me, you don't know me!
    • Salome Wonders
Hi, I'm Rosh. This sounds really interesting. I'm totally into this! Thanks for being so generous to your experiences. I have been a member of writing websites too but yours sounds great! Realy... I thank you for that. Actually, I have just registered!
 :D
<just Rosh> Life is already too short to waste on speed! Slow down and love more!

Narnian Prince

Hi Rosh and Mary Ann!  :)

Rosh, I'd like to wlecome you to the Circle and hope that you enjoy your time with us.  It's really a great bunch in here and there's always someone that can give you some great advice on almost anything.  There's new topics cropping up in here all the time and the responses to most of them is absolutely incredible.  Take a gander when you have a free moment.  :)

Mary Ann (and others), if you're just starting out in blogging I think that Nick's advice  with reference to www.blogger.com is probably the best way to go.  It's free and easy to set up and you can take the free tour to see how to set yourself up before jumping in.  I'm still just getting into blogging myself but this looks like the route that I would go with.  :)

Have a truly wonderful and Blessed day, everyone!  :)

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
I have had a blogger account for a while, and everyone is qjuite right, they are free. Don't know about making money though, as I haven't signed up for that, but will try and find out some more, as at the moment every little helps.

I love the idea of havng a blog though (even if no one leaves any comments) writing a diary is very therapeutic and may even help others.

If ajyone is interested my blog can be seen at http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline f0xYRo$h

• You can't paint me, you don't know me!
    • Salome Wonders
Hi Narnian Prince! Lovely... I'd be very happy to share with you my articles! Thanks for acknolwedging my message. I just registered but I feel like I have been for a year - people here are very nice! :D
<just Rosh> Life is already too short to waste on speed! Slow down and love more!