Author Topic: "Red line" critique exchange for a novel?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline sirensix

"Red line" critique exchange for a novel?
« on: August 27, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
This didn't seem to go in the critique forums because I'm not posting any work for critique.  If this is the wrong forum, I apologize.

I'm looking for a couple of people who don't mind urban fantasy who might be interested in an email critique exchange of the "red line" variety.  I.e., draw a literal or metaphorical red line under the place where you stopped reading, and explain why.  People with some writing experience or publication history are preferred but not required!

A "red line" approach is the best kind of critique, IMO, because either you enjoy the read, or it's a very short read.  :)

If anyone is game -- anyone who is not bothered on principle by an urban fantasy involving fairies -- let me know!

Also feel free to post here (assuming this is an appropriate post to begin with) if you want to look for this kind of exchange for your own work but don't want to read mine!

Offline bri h

Re: "Red line" critique exchange for a novel?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »
Interesting concept. But don't you think we'd all learn much more if you accepted critiques 'out here,' rather than in pm? Just sayin like . . . B
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

JewelAS53

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
I like the public critique method. I have learned a lot from reading the crits. I am learning a lot attempting my own crits. Still have to get brave enough to post some prose...

Offline sirensix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »
I prefer a one-on-one critique exchange, myself, for a number of reasons.  If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine!

Offline wanderer

• Western Wood Artist
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »
Seems a little odd to me that you would post on a forum and not share the information? JMO

Offline sirensix

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 01:16:17 AM »
I don't understand what you mean, exactly.

This might be an "agree to disagree" kind of situation?  Different types of critique are helpful to different types of people.  If people here are not interested, that's fine, no worries.

Offline bri h

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:55 PM »
We're not 'havin a go' at you siren. We just like to share opinions. I've learned ALL my writing technique here, just by posing 'shit' writing and being shown by the kindest of people where I was going wrong. In my own opinion (others may differ) the best kind of critique is the one you get by sharing. Respect to you. Bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx