Author Topic: Bookkaholic Magazine is looking for contributors  (Read 15659 times)

Offline Bookkus

• Come be a reviewer
    • Bookkus Publishing
Bookkaholic Magazine is looking for contributors
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:27:55 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Bookkaholic Magazine (www.bookkaholic.com) is looking for new writers. This is a great opportunity to start build a following, get into a growing magazine, and practice your writing skills. We've got a great team of editors ready and our website is getting more readers monthly. We are sitting at 183,526th site in the world for our Alexa rank and going up everyday.

We have columns on book reviews, YA, book technology, publishing, literary prizes, classics and more.

If you are interested send an email to Hannah at hannah@bookkaholic.com. Give some short writing samples or article pitch ideas.

Thanks!

-William
www.bookkaholic.com
-William
Marketing Manager
Come read, review, and choose the books to publish.
Bookkus Publishing

Offline Chizzy

Re: Bookkaholic Magazine is looking for contributors
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »
How much do you pay your writers?
This is not an exit.

Offline 2par

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
Seems like an interesting site. I'm kind of suspicious though.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »
Chizzy, click on their web site (at te bottom of the post), all the info should be there.

2Par, Bookkus has been posting here for over a year and I've not heard any complaints.

That said, it is up to each person to do their own due diligence in checking out any place they consider sending their work to. So why not check it out and see if it might be a good fit for your work. Nothing lost but a little bit of time.

MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline 2par

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »
Okay, thanks Alice.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 03:41:39 AM »
Quote from the website:

Currently, as Bookkaholic is growing we are only accepting contributors as voluntary positions to start writing careers, gain an audience, or just write because they love writing. We have no paid positions at this point.

So if you are looking to be paid, this is not the opportunity for you. At MWC we do not exclude non-paying markets, recognizing that they may still be of interest to a proportion of our members. We do, however, prefer that anyone posting an opportunity here makes clear what remuneration, if any, is on offer.
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Bookkus

• Come be a reviewer
    • Bookkus Publishing
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:43 PM »
Hi, Sorry for the late response.

We are not paying for this opportunity. We are looking to build the magazine and pay our writers in the future as the magazine grows. Sorry it wasn't absolutely clear. It is a great opportunity to grow your writing portfolio and work to build a following on the site and drive some web traffic to your author site. Think about it.

-William
-William
Marketing Manager
Come read, review, and choose the books to publish.
Bookkus Publishing