Author Topic: All my stories are vampire and zombie free. I've lowered the price to .99$  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Dasherwood

I had the price of my story "The Red Queen's Gamble" set at $5.00 (US) on Smashwords, Nook and Kindle. Had plenty of nibbles, but few bites. On Smashwords they let me drop it to free and Nook it's at $.99. I guess they (Nook) wants a little bit of the pie still. Kindle is still thinking about it. If you want a copy ... go for it.

My story takes place in a virtual world where people are playing against each other in an ever ongoing game. When the pharaoh, general, MFIC, emperor, queen, king, chief, or honcho on either side is captured or killed, the players get reshuffled and tossed upon the playing board again in a different scenario. The positions are randomly selected and you could be in the trenches on one level and the leader in the next. It starts off in the module "Chicago 1936" and puts them in "Swords and Castles." Two levels before they were on a space station over gas planet Williams. The level before that they were fighting in the ruins of Las Vegas.

It's a humorous light-hearted story that is geared towards young adults and teens. If you know any who likes a good Sci Fi novel then direct them here.

The back cover reads: He is cheating, her death had proved it. Winning the last level with an unbelievable shot from an illegal weapon, she knows that virtual player Wilks has done the impossible; he is able to manipulate the very fabric of the Great Game.
   His cheating is undetected by others, even by those who control the game. She has to rout him out lest he corrupt the game and ruin it for all. To do so she will have to place her status as Queen aside, infiltrate his defenses, and bring his treachery to light while surrounded by his entire army. She could lose everything and be killed again - a gamble the Red Queen is willing to take.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Dasherwood

Thanks everyone. I expected a few downloads, but not that many. Thanks for reading. :)

Offline ed

Try goodreads, giveaway. That will rack up some views. Give away 1 or 5 copies.