Author Topic: Bloody Idiot! Prof declares grammar and spelling unnecessary. Discuss ;-)  (Read 3199 times)

Offline WordBird

And I wonder why my job becomes harder and harder every quarter.....

Jo Bannister

Bottom line: the man's illiterate so it doesn't matter what he thinks.  We can only hope he's better at distinguishing between H2O and H2SO4- or maybe he thinks he doesn't have to bother with those fiddly little symbols either, on account of they're probably in his phone somewhere!

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
Bottom line: the man's illiterate so it doesn't matter what he thinks.  We can only hope he's better at distinguishing between H2O and H2SO4- or maybe he thinks he doesn't have to bother with those fiddly little symbols either, on account of they're probably in his phone somewhere!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
Back when I was young, you were not permitted to split your infinitives but then Star Trek came along and boldly went where no man had gone before.

I was told in a class on Thursday that at least in business writing, you can now end a sentence in a preposition without being thought a cretin, but not by me.

Without some rules or framework, all language would be chaos and Tower of Babel would be real. We need to have a basis for communicating and even with all of us working on it, there is much room for misunderstanding.

I find it abhorrent that cursive is no longer being taught because we all type. I guess the pretty fonts that look like cursive will be next to disappear all in the name of learning nothing except that which is utile.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.