Author Topic: Unicorns For Addy  (Read 82511 times)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: Unicorns For Addy
« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2015, 03:07:08 AM »
A friend wanted to make it for her, never said it would be a Frozen one. Hes a baker  :P

Does her condition leave here more susceptible to bruising, or is she just one of those kids who doesn't give a damn and barges into things anyway?

Either way, that's a glorious smile.

Yep Gyp, missed this question earlier, its mostly from her illness the little angel but she is wild, she doesn't hold back when she plays  :D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #541 on: March 06, 2015, 03:08:42 AM »

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #542 on: March 13, 2015, 06:09:01 AM »
Some more knock down Addy news  :'(

Miss Addy had a blood transfusion today and now we're home smile emoticon look at those rosey cheeks... its been a long time since we've seen color in her cheeks...
Unfortunately we got some bad news yesterday, one of her gene tests looks like it has come back positive for an extremely rare genetic blood disorder called Fanconi Anemia. . They took some more blood to confirm this test so will have results hopefully early next week..
At this stage i can't really tell you much about it but it puts us in a whole new ball game and the level of difficulties she will face is now so much longer... i will pass on info as i find it out xxxxxoooooo
It is also possible that Bailie could have this, being Addys full blood sister, she will be tested. .. but her other siblings are safe...
Right now we'd love for the universe to give us a break, just as we get back up we're getting knocked down

A link I found that outlines Fanconi Anemia

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/fanconi

Offline Laura H

« Reply #543 on: March 13, 2015, 07:02:57 AM »
Yet another hurdle for them  :-[
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
« Reply #544 on: March 13, 2015, 07:05:05 AM »
 :'( :'(
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline Laura H

Some very sad news
« Reply #545 on: October 01, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
Friends, Linda/Firefly has asked me to share the very sad news of little Addalyn Clements passing.

Addy was a special little girl and I know many of you have followed the updates over the past couple of years, and if you're like me you came to feel that you know and love this family.

Her parent's posted the following update on facebook-

It is with an enormous amount of sadness that we have to inform all of you guys that Addy gained her wings and flew high this morning at 7:20am. She fought a hard battle but in the end she was the winner. She fell asleep yesterday morning and stayed sleeping comfortably and when she felt safe enough with both mum and I sleeping beside her she grew her wings and said her final goodbye. Thank you for all of your love, support, donations and well wishes. Without you guys, we couldn't have made all the memories to get us through this difficult time. Love Rachael and Michael.

Our Linda is understandably devastated. I know she appreciates the community support and well wishes since this all started, but she's taking some time to be with loved ones and grieve for now.

Take care of yourself, Linda. We're grieving along with you  :'(

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:02:30 AM by Laura H »
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

Offline Simple Things

« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2015, 07:39:47 AM »
Indeed, sad news for all involved. Those shared extra moments will be cherished.

Offline bri h

« Reply #547 on: October 01, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »
Linda contacted me this morning on FB to share the sad news. Honest, I've spent the day misty-eyed. She was a fighter and fought to the end. I was honoured to have a few of my poems selected to be published in the MWC Anthology, with the proceeds going to Addy and her family. She's asleep now and at peace.

With love. Bri. xbx
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline heidi52

« Reply #548 on: October 01, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Poor tyke

Deepest condolences to Linda and her family. How very sad.

Offline Suemcb

« Reply #549 on: October 04, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »
So sorry to hear that news. Thinking of her family as they go through this sad time.
'The Dragon Who Couldn't Breathe Fire',  and 'Lost, in Forbidden Mine.' ebooks on Amazon

Offline Laura H

« Reply #550 on: October 04, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »