Author Topic: Unicorns For Addy  (Read 81538 times)

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
Re: Unicorns For Addy
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »
I know Rachael felt it important to keep things normal but it's for the best. And they might have someone in the hospital that could help. Maybe lesson plans could help with boredom. Poor little love.
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
Yeah true mate. I think she has some mates rallying right in now
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #497 on: February 07, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

Hi all, this is straight from the Unicorns mouth:

So tomorrow is a big day for our family... Miss Addy goes in for another Bone marrow aspiration, please pray that the results aren't as serious as the drs are thinking they will be... but things aren't looking good for the baby of the family. ..
Miss Bailie goes in for her donor matching tests which she is being ever so brave about.. she isn't even scared and has taken the news in her stride... such as awesome big sister. I dont think she realizes as yet exactly how important she is to her sisters treatment. ..
We've had many many chats with the drs and this are going to get really hard for our family.. Addy is going to have to fight even harder than she has a any other point throughout her previous treatment. .. the odds are definitely against... will keep you all posted with news as it comes... for now, pray for our family and pray that bailie is the match we need xo

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #498 on: February 08, 2015, 02:48:00 AM »
The poor wee thing. It's just not fair she should have to go through all this. :'( :'( :'(

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
« Reply #499 on: February 08, 2015, 03:12:29 AM »
I've everything crossable crossed and saying lots of prayers. I'm not massively religious but the big feller has come good for me at times.

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »
Unicorns have always been magical. We just need one more spell.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline WordBird

« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2015, 09:39:58 AM »
Prayers and Unicorns for Addie and the Family. Like Don said above, Unicorns are magical. May they make everything work as good as it can possibly go.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #502 on: February 08, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
Thanks guys  :-*

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #503 on: February 09, 2015, 06:12:08 AM »
Well they took Ads for another test and Bailie had her blood test done today too. They wait a week to tell them exactly what the fight is this time

Well we're back from hospital. .. all went well today... Addys BMA went smoothly and miss Bailie got her blood test and didn't even flinch... super proud of all our girls.... and poor miss Ellie sat with us all day and didn't whinge once that she was bored. .. its been a long day for us all...
Now the big wait... we go back a week tomorrow for results. .. hopefully we'll know everything then, like what it is, when she goes how we're gonna do it and of course if Bailie is the match....

All the kids are lining up to have their bloods done so they can help Addy too. They are just so sweet and love her so much, so very very proud of them all.

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
« Reply #504 on: February 09, 2015, 06:41:09 AM »
Such a long time to wait. Praying for them xx

Offline Laura H

« Reply #505 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:32 AM »
Thinking of them and of you today, Linda  :-*
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
« Reply #506 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:24 AM »
My God, am I blind? I don't think I ever saw this thread.

Send Addy and her family good vibes from us. We've gone through fights like this, and will again. It's so hard. But kids are the most resilient creatures on the planet. With a loving family, they achieve so much. I hope the tests aren't as bad as doctors think, and Addy gets to school soon.

Go Addy!
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #507 on: February 17, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »
This is the latest, after Bailie being tested for bone marrow, not a lot of good but not as bad as they were thinking:

So results weren't great... but not as bad as could be... we're still waiting on more as well. ..
Basically Addalyn has now got what's called myloidysplasia, this is slowly turning into leukemia, but hasn't yet... she's had another chromosome change since the last BMA so its transforming rather quickly. .. thus means we will have to have a bone marrow transplant. ..
Her sister Bailie, was NOT a match... (I'm sure you will understand when I say that part of me us relieved, having one child in pain is hard enough)
Dad is only a 3/6 match. .. mum is a 5/6 match...great we thought. . Well not exactly. .. they really want a 6/6 match to reduce further complications in transplant at this stage... I am an option just not the option and of course with my own recent illnesses etc it may rule me out all together...
We're waiting to see if it's worth testing Addys 2 maternal half brothers but they're also turning to the registry for cord blood and bone marrow... (its times like these I wished I'd thought of donating these when I had babies)..
So we're looking at a minimum of 12 weeks in Sydney at this stage and our whole world is upside down again...

Rachael had an operation a couple of weeks ago and due to complications of her own, she is back in hospital again.

This family just cannot catch a break at the moment.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #508 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:46 AM »
How can so much be thrown at one family? It's so unfair. :-* :-* :-* I hope a match is found soon.

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:46 AM »
What a double edged sword. My heart goes out to them all. Xxxx I cannot begin to imagine the pain and worry they are going through.