Author Topic: Roaches, ewww  (Read 1746 times)

Offline 2par

Roaches, ewww
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
I live in the South - NE S of US, and roaches are plentiful here. We're always on the guard against them. See one somewhere and that's where my eye always goes first when entering that area. Well, evidently, one got into our garage and followed my husband into the kitchen. He didn't notice. But, I went in there to warm up something for lunch and saw it, stepped on it and threw it out. Of course, I got the willies then, and while the nuking was going on, somehow a limerick came to me.
Now, you know I'm not a poetry person (and if you don't, you should) but here is my poor attempt:

On the edges of Monterrey
where the flying roaches pray
that no one flips
on their hips
and ruins their meringue

Offline intercat

Re: Roaches, ewww
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
Argh, that gave me flashbacks of growing up in the South!  A few nights ago there was a moth in my living room, and by instinct I thought for a moment that it was a flying roach.  I nearly tumbled backwards out of my chair.

Offline 2par

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 01:43:40 PM »
One sure can become paranoid when it comes to insects.

Offline LRSuda

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
Spiders give me the creeps. We have some big ones here in NJ. I found a web that looked like it was six feet square in my backyard the other day. The spider in the middle was about three inches in diameter. Talk about ewwww. I freaked out and ran. Couldn't think of anything to write about it, though.

Offline 2par

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »
But you did write about it, haha.  I know what you mean. Those big ones take care of all those pesky insects. What's remarkable about them is that they eat that web in the morning and then spin another at night. Industrious little fellows.
We used to live in NJ and I miss it. Three daughters still live there.

Offline LRSuda

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:06:45 PM »
But you did write about it, haha.

You got me.  ;D