Author Topic: Hello & Happy New Year  (Read 4838 times)

Offline goldanon

Hello & Happy New Year
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »
Just joined and hope this is the correct method for saying hello (starting a 'new topic')...  I have never joined a forum before but so far it all looks pretty obvioius.  If I make a faux pas, please send me a kick.
I've been writing on and off for most of my life - I guess in fact for all of it - at least since I was able to do so.  I wonder what I did before then?  Probably scribbled furiously with crayons and expected my mother to ooh and aw over it...  Not that I can't take criticism - I've developed special callouses for those punches.  I am in the middle of writing a book - murder mystery - and have several short stories that I would love to post for critique - but don't want to overdo it either.  As everyone here is a writer I don't suppose they want to spend all day reading my material.  Can I post one short story right away? And if I do, can I later post another or even the first few chapters of my book? Or maybe just the first chapter?  And is it alright to include a link to my blog? 
Mols ans y bons to those of you who speak catalan and prospero ano to any spanish-speaking population (breathing on nails, scrubbing nails on shirt, breathing once more and scrubbing again).
 ;D

BiancaMiller13

Re: Hello & Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »
Well here I go again throwing my self appiontd title around...I will probably do so until some one hollers my way...  I have become a resident crit.  Ilove to read new material and try to send out crits here r there.  So go ahead and post...we are here to help you grow in your work!!