Author Topic: Story Arc  (Read 2837 times)

Offline thatollie

Re: Story Arc
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 01:12:40 PM »
A note: TV Tropes and Idioms is a labyrinth of information about storytelling and will ruin your life if you venture in too often.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline 2par

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
Now you stop that, Sprockett. You must know how gullible I am.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »
It's true. You can go round in circles reading their articles. Be warned.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline 2par

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »
Okay. I appreciate your looking out for me. Actually, I did take you seriously because I know that I have a tendency to overload on research. Once I reach the point where it's too much, I go further and then somehow it all seems to sink in and break down to something very simple.
For instance: One time, I was writing an article for a drug company's newspaper on a new drug they'd produced. They wanted to explain it to their workers, many of whom weren't scientists. So, I got all the material I could and after reading, it was really too much. So I showed it to a budding scientist I knew and she didn't understand any of it. But I'm a bull and charged ahead. Suddenly, the neurons in my brain just stopped jumping around and I began seeing it clearly. Turned out to be a really great article. 
After discovering this thing about myself, I realized that I could probably simplify most anything if I gave it enough attention.