Author Topic: Where is Everyone  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Maria

Where is Everyone
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:45:23 AM »
What happened to everybody?  I keep visiting the coffee shop to see what topics have been started and hoping to get a couple of nice hot drinks and a bicky but it seems hardly anyone wants to use the coffee shop, come on folks I need a break, but poor old me I here all alone

No seriously the circle is a great site but it would be nice to use this facility also and take a break, before my head explodes with all the info I am trying to absorb, anyone game.

Maria
There is no such word as CANT

Lin

Re: Where is Everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:07:08 AM »
I think because its at the bottom of the page Maria, its gets missed.   Im sure Nick will see this and maybe suggest something to encourage more people.   

Im always happy to chat with you dear!!

Keep up the good work

Lin

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:13:40 AM »
Hi Maria,

You've convinced me. Time for a coffee. Tea, actually - and plenty of paracetamol and sympathy. I'm sitting here snivelling away, eyes streaming and feeling very sorry for myself - and I have a writing challenge with my next door neighbour which I need to finish by tomorrow and I have no idea where to start. Neither do I feel like writing much. Brain just won't kick in.

Still - maybe after a cuppa and a biccie NO!   No biccies! Need to diet - I've become decidedly round and it's not good for fitting through square doorways.

What else? Well, my youngest daughter's having a friend around after school and the idea of all that noise isn't helping much. Crikey, am I moaning today or WHAT!!!! Horrible! Sorry!

Now, I'm going to get that cup of tea and cheer myself up before inflicting myself on anyone else ... bet you're glad I came in here today, eh??? lol

See ya later - enjoy your biccies,

Symph
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:15:23 AM by Symphony »

SuzieHarris

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »
Hey Amanda,

I'll join you with the paracetamol and sympathy! I have that bloody type-B flu that’s sweeping the midlands and knocking everyone off their feet. My brain isn’t working either - but it's debatable that it ever did hehe.

I got more snot and a a bigger headache than you so there  :P

Shall we start a ‘I feel worse than you’ club?  ;D

Suzie

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:21 AM »
Shall we start a ‘I feel worse than you’ club? 

Nah! Waste of time. NOBODY FEELS WORSE THAN ME!!! lol   ::)

Hope you're feeling better soon - I've been in denial that I'm sick for the last three days but succumbed today! Will go back into voluntary denial tomorrow!! Judging by the state of my kids, this one seems to hang around for quite a while afterwards ...

Still - better this week than during half-term!

How about some chocolate, a cuppa and some nice music?

Here *hands over mug, packet of mini chocolate eggs and puts on CD*

SuzieHarris

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 08:32:38 AM »
You're no fun! The ONLY reason you don't want to join the club is cuz you know I feel worse than you  :P  hehe

Thanks for the goodies but right now food comes up faster than it goes down and the only thing in my mug is hot lemon   :o

Suzie

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 09:00:20 AM »
Arrrgghhh! Too much information Suzie! Just don't pass anything on to me. My lad was off school last week with the same bug. So I'm sitting here with my mug of hot tea, waiting for Symphony to pass me the yummy mini chocolate eggs. ;)

Bet I've been doing something more exciting than anyone else---wait for it----Yes, I'm defrosting the freezer. Mum in law came round to visit and made me feel really guilty that it hadn't been done.(she's lovely really). Oh, there goes another chunk of ice hitting the bottom. I tell you, things just can't get more exciting!! Guess I had better go and mop up the expanding puddle in the kitchen floor. :-\. On the other hand, I could just chat away for as long as I dare!!

Hope you feel a lot better soon!!
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
Ann,

I'm a writer, it's my job to give plenty of info. Anyway, you need to suffer too hehe  ;D

I'd rather have flu than be cleaning the freezer. Mind you, I get my hubby to do it with the steam cleaner so It's done in minutes!

Suzie

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »
Suzie
      Now there's an idea! Steam cleaner eh? never heard of that on before. *note to self; must go and buy a steam cleaner!!*

-Henry Ford.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »
Ann,

Yeah, one of those little JML hand held steam cleaners (if you're in the UK) work a treat. As you know they sterilise it too because it's steam.

Worth a go, saves sooooooooooooo much mess!

Suzie

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 09:30:37 AM »
Thanks for the tip Suzie. Yep I live in the UK (Nuneaton in Warwickshire, to be exact). I'm definitely going to go to woolies and see if they have one. Keep taking the hot lemon! ;D

-Henry Ford.

Offline Maria

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »
Wow, the coffee shop is packed now! Move over let me in I started this and had to go out glad I got back for the not feeling sooooo good day (I think?)  Anyway sorry to hear that there are a few of you out there not feeling so good, I was bad myself at the weekend thanks to some kind person who passed on a bug, you know the kind (already been mentioned) the one where you move into the bathroom for the duration of the bug coz you daren't move from the loo.  Actually my bathroom looks nicer spinning round NOT lol!

Well folks where is my cuppa been here ten minutes someone put the kettle on again will you?

I got a book today and if you have been reading all the advice and chat on the forum you will recognize the title, I can't remember now who recomended it to whom but it is a fabulous book and very very helpful it is called The Art of Creative Nonfiction by Lee Gutkind, I know what I will be doing when I go to bed and for those of you whose thoughts went to energetic things NO NO NO! I want to read my new book (tomorrow maybe josephine).  Did anyone else send for this book if not give it a try I haven't been able to put it down hardly except when I had to go out, I haven't quite got the art of reading while driving yet. Lol

Anyway keep going with the chat folks this is great and thanks for coming into the coffe shop biscuits or on me next time.

Maria x
There is no such word as CANT

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 10:13:45 AM »
*flicks on kettle and passes mini eggs to Ann*

Another lemon, Suzie? I'll admit, OK? You're obviously a lot sicker than me! I haven't had to spend any time in the bathroom, thank goodness!

So the steam cleaner works? Great! I bought one a couple of weeks ago but haven't taken it out of the box yet, so I'm delighted to hear that I'm onto a good thing!

My neighbour has just come in and told me she can't make our 'writing' date tomorrow, so I'm thrilled because I wasn't ready and now I don't have to admit it hehehe

Now - off to buy a new karate suit for my little boy ... see you later ...

Symphony

SuzieHarris

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »
It was me! It was me who recommended the book!  ;D I 'DO' have my uses and Maria just proved it hehe.

I'm off to stick cotton wool up my nose so I can't smell the food while I cook tea for my kids. food - *yuck* just NOT hungry!

Suzie

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »
OK, OK. Will the book 'The Art of Creative Nonfiction' help me? I am currently doing The Writer Bureau course, and it starts with 'non fiction'. I feel totally out of my depth  :'( (stop laughing.) I deliberately wanted to tackle this first to help broaden my knowledge of writing, but it's very daunting. So any help would be a bonus!! ;) I must have been trying to write my assignment for about a week, but I find myself drawn back to this site!(Anything to get out of writing it, eh)

-Henry Ford.