Author Topic: Finally ...  (Read 1368 times)

Offline The Dude Abides

• terrancebramblett.wordpress.com
Finally ...
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »
I have switched all the e-books I had on KDP Select over to Smashwords and uploaded the others. Now I have eight books, all on Smashwords. No doubt they will start flying off the servers. Hahahahaha.
"Little red wagon
Little red bike
I ainít no monkey but I know what I like"
                 Buckets of Rain, Bob Dylan

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Finally ...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:48 AM »
I have a small booklet about roadside motorcycle repairs available on Lulu.  Specifically aimed at Old British Motorcycles

A few years back, during one 24 hour period I sold over twenty copies.  It seemed every time I looked at the screen there was the notification of another sale.  That really felt like 'flying off the shelves', especially for a small niche market  But at the end of that time sales stopped almost dead.  I still sell the odd copy now and then.

The secret of that brief flurry was publicity. I talked an on-line Brit Bike magazine into giving me some publicity in return for being allowed to use a few selected excerpts as an article.  Free for them, free for me.

Publicity sells.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:18:12 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline ed

Re: Finally ...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »
They may do, they may not.

Amazon still makes up the majority of sales. Followed by itunes and barnes and noble