Author Topic: Editing blues  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
Re: Editing blues
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 04:33:23 AM »
I'm married to an artist (he works in different mediums though). I watch him go through the agonising process of mixing his songs - a process that seems to drag on for months and months sometimes. The curse of being a perfectionist I guess :P I've often told him that if he doesn't draw the line somewhere he'll be stuck in a perpetual editing loop that will eat up the time he could use to create new stuff.

Be brave. Send your baby out into the world, listen for the beta's response. You can do it :)

Thanks -- part of this is the perfectionist in me gone wild. And a little trepidation. I've never written a novel this close to publishable. I'll be proud to see my name on it, not only because I wrote it, but because it's good. Good enough for an agent? I :) won't know till I start sending the query this summer.

Anyway, excited and scared. That's what I am. Not too proud to admit it.
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.

Offline Michael M Dickson

• Outline Your Novel
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »

I started the first steps to another novel almost immediately afterwards. So many stories scream in our heads to be put on the page.

When that happens to me,(and it does almost daily) I have to really focus on my current wip or I'll get too caught up in the new idea. It's kind of tough to do sometimes.

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
When that happens to me,(and it does almost daily) I have to really focus on my current wip or I'll get too caught up in the new idea. It's kind of tough to do sometimes.

I totally agree. When the idea for my second novel hit me a few months ago, I let myself ride with it for 2 days. That's the time I gave myself to be enthusiastic and seek out a few sources for research. Then I set all of it aside and told myself - if I still love this idea when my first novel is finished, then I'll run with it.

I still love the idea, so I know it'll happen. Gotta be patient.  :)

p.s. I don't have that many ideas that are novel-worthy, so maybe this is all easier for me.  :D
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.