Author Topic: 'Ow do? (Hello from up North)  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Layla

• Live life.
'Ow do? (Hello from up North)
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
Hello everyone

I think it's very exciting to be able to post your work 'anon', so to speak, and have people say nice things about it (or not, as may be the case!).  I've put a couple of things on so far, and the feedback has been encouraging. People seem very friendly and like-minded, so I think I might stay a while. I've written stories and things for my own pleasure since I was a little girl, and get a real creative excitement whenever I sit down to write. Is that how everyone else feels? (Perhaps I'm a bit of a show off or an actor, but I also love to read my writing out to an audience, as I think vocal expression can really add something to a piece.)

I'm also looking forward to reading other people's work, which I've done a bit of so far and have got quite excited by some of the quality stuff you have on here.   
8) ;) 8)

Re: 'Ow do -  to explain, my dad used to talk just like that (mmm.... perhaps I might write a story using some of the old Lancs dialect...?)
Live life, love... and laugh.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
Re: 'Ow do? (Hello from up North)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »
ay op lass, grand to have you on board.  A bit of Lancashire would suit I'm sure!

Nope - not Lancastrian, but love Fylde...

Welcome aboard - look forward to seeing your posts,

Carrie & The Moderators (I wish I could make it play a little tune when I sign off like that)

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:44:33 PM »
Hi H
I have seen some of your postings .... eee lass needs time!

You are most welcome. Enjoy

T
Big T  :o

Offline Lost&Found

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:21:38 AM »
Sounds like you and I have a lot in common. Sometimes it's as if what I've written isn't really official until I've read it to someone out loud. Welcome!

~Lost&Found
Life is difficult. . . It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transend it. . . Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.
- M. Scott Peck

Dave Driver

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:32:14 PM »
Ow do and si thee round ont site.

Up the northerners!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Layla

• Live life.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:32:30 PM »
Si thee, Dave.
Live life, love... and laugh.