Author Topic: Forum colour scheme  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Forum colour scheme
« on: February 06, 2006, 05:35:39 AM »
Our forum sponsors, WCCL, would like to know what you think of the current colour scheme. Is it pleasingly unobtrusive, or just plain boring? If you don't like it, what would you suggest in its place? All comments welcomed!

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
Re: Forum colour scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
Don't know about anyone else, but I think 'boring' is quite good for a writer's forum. It's very easy on the eyes and makes browsing around and even reading on-screen a lot less painful than 'busy' boards. I'm quite happy to go with the majority, though - I won't go away and sulk in the corner - promise!

Symphony

Offline prophetcharlesb

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:18:38 AM »
I think this forum colour is okay and we should stick with it. My vote is with Symphony.
"A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life"

christopher morley

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:52:29 AM »
I agree with Symphony and prophetcharlesb, I like it just the way it is! Don't go changing.
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Lin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
Boring  - sorry but Ive looked at other sites and I like their colour schemes. 

Lin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:58:01 AM by Lin »

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »
I have to go along with Symphony and everyone else on this. The color scheme is boring, so boring that is doesn't take anything away from what's being written. It works for me the way it is.. :) Aelf

Offline Gltagaman

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 04:47:54 PM »
I find the colour scheme of a non intrusive grey, easy to live with and compatible with the rest of the whites and greys of my computer.

No jazzy patterns to divert one from the writing, please.

Geoff

Have Thinkpad will write

Jayel

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 09:31:01 PM »
I agree with Symphony. I like the muted tones of greys and blues. If there were choices and this were one of them - it is the one I would most likely choose.

Offline orchid15

• Leona's Happy place
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 10:39:57 PM »
I loke the muted colors, but I wish they were in the beige/gold range.  we could always just do seasonal color changes- muted greens for St Patricks day, muted pastels for easter. and go bacl to the gray in between.

orchid15
"The beautiful part of writing is that you don't havto get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon." Robert Cormier

website: www.leonashappyplace.com    newsletter:Leonas BrainCandy

deathblackfox

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 11:22:57 PM »
I personally like it the way it is. Of course there's always a reason and mine is something called dialup.

Offline zak_wolf

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »
I would suggest to leave the grey - they make the reading easier, but the faded blue isn't working. It makes me ... drowsy. Tired.
Maybe a bit more darker? Navy blue? Dark green? Indigo? (No warm colors - red, yellow, orange, or even black.)
Just a quote I will always remember from Edgar Allen Poe:

"Nevermore!"

Offline goldanon

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »
I like it just the way it is - not only do the muted tones not take away from the writing etc... they also do not take away from the little touches that are found here and there, and people's pictures and little sign-off designs and smilies stand out.  I found when I was hosting a web site for a companyy I worked with a couple of years ago, that the people who worked in the store were always asking for changes, found the scheme too boring after one or two months; BUT that's because they were looking at it 10/20/30 times a day!   So sure, it got boring to them very quickly, but from the perspective of someone who comes here a few times a week, it's PERFECT.  So, as they often say on this side of the pond - If it ain't broke don't fix it.