Author Topic: Chapter 13 of my book, Preserving Their Legacies -i have listened and applied  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

• Marilyn Monroe & Joe DiMaggio * a Beautiful Love Story
Thanks for all your input.  I'm trying to take the "textbook elements" out and apply the drama.

I hope I have succeeded here

http://mdatoz.com/ch13

It's very difficult to write about somebody who is largely mysterious, but with 28 years of historic research under my belt, i think i finally got it !
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:51:56 PM by matwilson »

Offline bri h

Merry christmas Mat, and a Happy(wordy) New Year.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

Merry christmas Mat, and a Happy(wordy) New Year.

Same to you mate !

Hope it's a great year for you.

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
I have an idle-curiousity question, Mat.

If you have already posted whatever it is you've written on your blog, why are we being offered a link on the Review My Work board? This is a done deal. This is already on the Internet for the world to see. There is no point in taking up space on the Review board for something that's already a fait accompli.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

I have an idle-curiousity question, Mat.

If you have already posted whatever it is you've written on your blog, why are we being offered a link on the Review My Work board? This is a done deal. This is already on the Internet for the world to see. There is no point in taking up space on the Review board for something that's already a fait accompli.

The only reason i put in on a webpage is because it was too long to post here.

I tried but it was over the character limit.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:09:19 PM by matwilson »

Offline wanderer

• Western Wood Artist
If you don't want your website to be available for online surfers, you can password protect it and put the password in the "prose" section. However, with all your writing exceeding the limit here it will probably not get many reviewers. JMO

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

I guess attention spans are getting smaller, so a long read may indeed dissuade many.

But what does that matter?

People have the choice to read as much or as little as they wish.  I am not going to influence that.  Most people will ignore it, but that's just fine.

If just one person reads it and gives me one good idea, then that's good too.

The funny thing is, I reread my work and I now think i know where Donald James Lawn got his idea for his bestseller, "The Memoirs of JFK".

Years ago,  one of the pieces I put on the Ineternehad the following passage in it - paraphrase from memory:

"Johnson did not leave any memoirs when he lived because.....  Kennedy planned to write his when he retired."

And it instantly dawned on me.

My work has already sparked one great seller -i think.

Unfortunately, i didn't reap the benefit.

Was it a coincidence?  I kind of doubt it -no man is an Island.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
I think what Don was asking, is why you came here for a review for something you have already posted on your blog and thus, the web?

In effect, it is already published.
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

I think what Don was asking, is why you came here for a review for something you have already posted on your blog and thus, the web?

In effect, it is already published.

Just because i put something on the web, it's published?

I don't get it.  That means everything we post here is published as well, doesn't it?

hillwalker3000

Just because i put something on the web, it's published?
I don't get it.  That means everything we post here is published as well, doesn't it?

Of course it is. That's why prospective book publishers rarely consider stuff that's already been shared or showcased on the internet. Why would they spend money trying to market material that's already freely available on-line?

H3K

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

Bookpublishers routinely publish samples of a writers work, a single chapter would not stop them from considering publication.

Regardless, I think they are two different markets.

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

I love that stuff, especially the part where it says "little informattion about death".

Great link, thank you.

Remember this?

In 1972, actress Veronica Hamel and her then husband became the new owners of Marilyn Monroe's Brentwood home. When they hired a contractor to replace the roof and remodel the house the contractor discovered a sophisticated eavesdropping and telephone tapping system that covered every room in the house. The components were not commercially available in 1962, but were in the words of a retired Justice Department official, "standard FBI issue." The new owners spent $100,000 to remove the bugging devices from the house.

No mystery about her murder, it's the most transparent cover up ever, next to JFK's death.

Offline wanderer

• Western Wood Artist
In 1972, actress Veronica Hamel and her then husband became the new owners of Marilyn Monroe's Brentwood home. When they hired a contractor to replace the roof and remodel the house the contractor discovered a sophisticated eavesdropping and telephone tapping system that covered every room in the house. The components were not commercially available in 1962, but were in the words of a retired Justice Department official, "standard FBI issue." The new owners spent $100,000 to remove the bugging devices from the house.

Yes, I do remember that happening. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  ;)

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

Yes, I do remember that happening. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  ;)

You took those words right out of my mouth.