Author Topic: Zombie Rehab Renascence Part 1 [555 words]  (Read 9324 times)

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
Re: Zombie Rehab Renascence Part 1 [555 words]
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:49 AM »
I assumed it was a woman  ;D
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline jackevee

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
lol, when i saw zombie rehab I thought of Big Bang theory.

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:50 AM »
 . . . you might not be too far off! ;D ;D ;D

Offline will swansen

Zombie Rehab Renascence Part 1 [555 words]
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 04:54:42 AM »
Could you post some more - I enjoyed reading this.  ;D

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 06:13:18 AM »
Okay! :D :D

Offline 510bhan

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 06:14:41 AM »
“Apart from your engaging personality? Well, you always perform your duties to the highest specifications and you don’t gossip.”

I smiled; pleased that someone paid attention to how I maintained client confidentiality. Several of the other carers sold stories to make a few extra quid although they claimed the celebrity involved had asked them to leak the information to the media. It was all a game for them. “And my duties?”

“Nothing more than you already do. Probably lighter, the clients are very biddable.”

I accepted and signed my name.

Cindy led me through to the Lavender Suite past the group therapy session for the third week intake, beyond the spa and hydrotherapy rooms and down a long corridor that branched off at several points to other wings. She chatted while we walked and when we reached the Myrrh and Myrtle wing, opened the swing doors with a flourish and pointed out several sorry residents lost in their own worlds.

“These ones have already given up on life, we call them the walking dead – their readings show a lack of spirit, probably why they turned to drugs and alcohol for a kick.
It’s imperative we watch them though, because when they pass there’s a great likelihood they’ll become undead.”

“There’s a difference? Zombies?”

“Oh, they’re already that, have been for years. It’s a government intervention programme. Once we’ve identified those who are potential ‘zombies’ as you call them, we try to stimulate them with activities, offer healthy lifestyle choices and try to break bad habits. They’re screened to make sure there is no underlying medical cause such as Alzheimer’s or depression, they can sometimes present similar symptoms.”

“But what’ll happen when they die-”

“Are undead.”

“Whatever. What will happen?”

I looked at the vacant-eyed residents, unable to differentiate between the walking dead and recovering addicts. There had to be some indicators. Ones with tics, and the droolers, I dismissed straight away and searched for the quiet, empty faces. Lack of expression was the clue. They came from all walks of life. I recognised office drones, factory workers, lecturers and performers, which surprised me. The unfortunate creatures sat or walked around oblivious to sensation. Mobile ones stumbled over a chair or a table they’d knocked down on their way past.

Another thing I detected among the walking dead was their beautiful complexions. They didn’t possess saggy skin or hollow eyes. Cindy explained how their herbal cocktail had beneficial effects, something else they’d discovered with useful potential for cosmetic purposes and general well-being. For the most part, these clients faced no sedation as they were so placid and docile.

“This will all be changing soon. We’re not allowed to restrain them or lock them up unless they cause a ruckus and as you can see, well, not much happening with these inmates. The board of directors issued a remit to keep the walking dead segregated from the main population, not entirely inclusive or pc, but despite their appearance they can be dangerous when they hear death calling. It’s like they’re drawn to it.”

“What? They know when they’re going to die?”

Cindy looked shifty. “Uh, not their own deaths, others. Some sort of collective consciousness seems to drive them. We don’t know how or why it happens yet, that’s one of the reasons we encourage care for them here, so we can conduct observations and perhaps learn from them. There’s a mix of identified walking dead and a control group of regular non-responsive clients. All experimental stuff. Actually it’s one of our main funding sources.” She checked over her shoulder before she continued in a whisper. “Word is there could be military applications for them. Sh.” 

I looked blank, and quickly arched my brow in question in case I was mistaken for one of the vacant ones.

Offline will swansen

Zombie Rehab Renascence Part 1 [555 words]
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 05:28:48 AM »
Looking forward in reading the finished product!   :)

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
Still enjoying this, Sio. Just a few little spots from me.

“Apart from your engaging personality? Well, you always perform your duties to the highest specifications and you don’t gossip.”

I smiled; pleased that someone paid attention to how I maintained client confidentiality. Several of the other carers sold stories to make a few extra quid although they claimed the celebrity involved had asked them to leak the information to the media. It was all a game for them. “And my duties?”

“Nothing more than you already do. Probably lighter, the clients are very biddable.”

I accepted and signed my name.

Cindy led me through to the Lavender Suite past the group therapy session for the third week intake, beyond the spa and hydrotherapy rooms and down a long corridor that branched off at several points to other wings. She chatted while we walked and when we reached the Myrrh and Myrtle wing, opened the swing doors with a flourish and pointed out several sorry residents lost in their own worlds.

“These ones have already given up on life, we call them the walking dead – their readings show a lack of spirit, probably why they turned to drugs and alcohol for a kick.
It’s imperative we watch them though, because when they pass there’s a great likelihood they’ll become undead.”

“There’s a difference? Zombies?”

“Oh, they’re already that, have been for years. It’s a government intervention programme. Once we’ve identified those who are potential ‘zombies’ as you call them, we try to stimulate them with activities, offer healthy lifestyle choices and try to break bad habits. They’re screened to make sure there is no underlying medical cause such as Alzheimer’s or depression, they can sometimes present similar symptoms.”

“But what’ll happen when they die-”

“Are undead.”

“Whatever. What will happen?”

I looked at the vacant-eyed residents, unable to differentiate between the walking dead and recovering addicts. There had to be some indicators. Ones with tics, and the droolers, I dismissed straight away and searched for the quiet, empty faces. Lack of expression was the clue. They came from all walks of life. I recognised office drones, factory workers, lecturers and performers, which surprised me. The unfortunate creatures sat or walked around oblivious to sensation. Mobile ones stumbled over a chair or a table they’d knocked down on their way past.

Another thing I detected among the walking dead was their beautiful complexions. They didn’t possess saggy skin or hollow eyes. Cindy explained how their herbal cocktail had beneficial effects, something else they’d discovered with useful potential for cosmetic purposes and general well-being. For the most part, these clients faced no sedation as they were so placid and docile.

“This will all be changing soon. We’re not allowed to restrain them or lock them up unless they cause a ruckus and as you can see, well, not much happening with these inmates. The board of directors issued a remit to keep the walking dead segregated from the main population, not entirely inclusive or pc(PC.), but despite their appearance they can be dangerous when they hear death calling. It’s like they’re drawn to it.”

“What? They know when they’re going to die?”

Cindy looked shifty. “Uh, not their own deaths, others. Some sort of collective consciousness seems to drive them. We don’t know how or why it happens yet, that’s one of the reasons we encourage care for them here, so we can conduct observations and perhaps learn from them. There’s a mix of identified walking dead and a control group of regular non-responsive clients. All experimental stuff. Actually, it’s one of our main funding sources.” She checked over her shoulder before she continued in a whisper. “Word is there could be military applications for them. Sh.” 

I looked blank, and quickly arched my brow in question in case I was mistaken for one of the vacant ones.

Time to take it serious and get the job done