Author Topic: Just aquestion about whats counts as bing published?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline fort street

Just aquestion about whats counts as bing published?
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:25:15 AM »

i just want to  know if you put anything on this site, Is it classed as published?  I was just wondering basically for entering competitions ,where entries must not have been published before. If you put it on here first would it  effect that. ?

Wolfe

Re: Just aquestion about whats counts as bing published?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
Because I'm in a brutally honest mood, I can tell from the way you posted your question that you have nothing to worry about as far as competitions or publication.

As far as being considered 'published', yes if you intend to see payment from a different site. For example, you cannot post 'finished' material here and seek to place it elsewhere to attain money. Incomplete material, still in need of editing or polishing, can be posted here without fear. The caveat is you're not considered 'published' to agents or editors just because you posted your material on sites like this one. So, you cannot use postings here as credentials. That criteria requires you get paid for your efforts.

On that note, please be aware you're on an award-winning writers' site. The only way your future peers can judge your merit is from what and how you post.

Just so you know.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:49:02 AM by Wolfe »

Offline fort street

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:57 AM »

Wolfe, I have  posted something on the Script section,`Night Shift' : a comedy sketch. If the question above is phrased badly it`s because it was an afterthought as I was logging off from the site. I`d be interested to see what you think about it.

Wolfe

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:43:04 AM »
You'll forgive me when I state that 'phrasing' isn't the issue. As far as any review, I'll have to pass. I tend to get uneasy when anyone admits to posting afterthoughts.

Maybe that's just me.

Offline fort street

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:53:30 AM »

That`s just the way I am . As I say, just have a look at Night Shift. What I`m doing now are basically practice pieces  for the Pint Size play competition in Wales in  May next year.