Author Topic: My first attempt at a spec script please help  (Read 1659 times)

Offline stubbs5569

• Silence is golden, but duck tape is silver
My first attempt at a spec script please help
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:01:29 AM »
Hello!

As the title says, I am in the process of writing my first ever spec script. The script is in the fantasy, drama and horror genere. I am only asking that the first ten pages of the script be reviewed and critiqued. My biggest concern is, because I usually write short stories that this piece might be too wordy and read more like a novel rather than a screenplay. Please feel free to comment on all aspects of they story, the more honest you are the more it will help me.

One little note! I tried to copy and paste the document into the forum, but the editor in the forum changed the format rendering my request useless. I know it is a pain, but please email or pm me a request to see the text and I will it email it to you. I can't upload the file to a link because I have no where to host it.

Thanks in advance.

Stubbs

Offline stubbs5569

Re: My first attempt at a spec script please help
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:03:07 AM »
P.S.

There is nothing graphic in the ten pages you will be reading, just drama and a lot of foreshadowing.

Stubbs

Offline Laura H

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
Hi Stubbs,

You'll want to post a segment of your script here for review.  If you look at past posts and read the stickied guide lines for this board you'll get an idea of how big a segment will get feedback.

Also, please introduce yourself on the welcome board and offer up a few reviews of your own so people can get to know you  ;)

thanks & welcome,

Laura H
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline stubbs5569

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
Hi Laura!

Thanks for the advice. I will be more than happy to review some other screenplays and offer what advice I can. Please forgive my eagerness, I found this site late night as I was going to bed and didn't have a chance to read all of the stickies. I did however get a chance to post my greeting section in the welcome section. The post can be found right here [url http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php/topic,46106.0.html [/url] please feel free to stop in and say hello.

Stubbs

Offline Laura H

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »
Oops - you posted late at night and I posted early in the morning before the coffee kicked in.  Glad to see you posted so you can be properly welcomed.

I do encourage you to post your script here - not in it's entirety, of course, but you'll find MWCers much more likely to help out when you put up segments that can be read through in a few minutes.

Always glad to have new, eager members join in the fun  ;D
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline stubbs5569

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »
One small note.

I went ahead and posted a small portion of the script in a new thread. I have been looking for new scripts to review, but the screenwriting section on here seems to move much slower then the other sections.

Also, I was concerned that the script would be buried and over looked five replies deep into this thread. I truly hope the mods don't mind. Thanks again for the warm greetings.

Best regards
stubbs