Author Topic: Just saying Hello  (Read 1909 times)

Offline fort street

Just saying Hello
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
 Hi I`m new to this site and new to writing really. I started various things but never really finished them. I like to have a go at scripts and comedy sketches. I`m also not great on sections like this where you have to introduce yourself. I can never think what to say. Last week for the first time ever,I had ago at a poem It`s the first one I`ve written. In fact I`m not even sure if you`d class it as a poem.

However I seem to be having some trouble uploading  it to your site. I`m trying to send it as an attachment.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
Re: Just saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
Welcome to My Writers Circle fort street.  The best way to put a piece of your work on our site is to copy it from your writer software and then paste it here. But first, read and follow the guidelines in the link below. This will help you learn your way around as well as get the "lay of the land" as you go.  You'll also find guidelines on many of the different boards here, please read them as well.

To learn your way around our forum, start by clicking and reading the link below. It takes you to our forum guidelines.  Don't forget to read and comment/critique other people's work before you ask the same from them.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You'll find other Blue stick-pin (Stickies) at the top of the various boards to help you learn the ropes and made your time here more productive and enjoyable.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help in any way we can.

Smiles,
Alice - Deep in the Heart of Texas
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
Welcome aboard, Ford Street.  :)
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline Amanda George

• Currently editing all my manuscripts!
    • Stories 4 Children
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ford Street!  You can only send attachments when you've posted 50 times so maybe copy and paste into a message?  I don't know how the poetry part works here but if it's the same as the "review my work" then maybe critique a few other poems before you post your own?  :)
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline fort street

More or less a new member.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

I`ve just started writing again. So I thought I`d just post something.

Offline bri h

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »
hello Fort, you need to look at the rules,to give you an idea about the site, we like to see a few crits(critiques) off you and then you can post. Give it a go an lets see what you come up with. Its good fun. bri.
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Laura H

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »
Glad you've started writing again  :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline thatollie

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
Welcome aboard. Who are some of your favourite authors?
Never make a decision standing up.