Author Topic: The happiness thread  (Read 41801 times)

Offline Mastafrank

Re: The happiness thread
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
Laughter is indeed  contagious 8)

Offline bri h

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »
yeah, careful! Its catching! ha ha
Fare thee well Skip. We're all 'Keening' now. xbx

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
Laughter is indeed  contagious 8)

A little girl asks her mother the meaning of contagious.

"It means something that never gets done unless you do it yourself."

"Can you give me an example, Mum?"

"Yes. . .  Never bother asking your father to do anything you want done in a hurry, it always take the c**t ages."

My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 10:37:33 AM »
A little girl asks her mother the meaning of contagious.

"It means something that never gets done unless you do it yourself."

"Can you give me an example, Mum?"

"Yes. . .  Never bother asking your father to do anything you want done in a hurry, it always take the c**t ages."

:D :D :D :D

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

Offline bri h

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:45 AM »
Wow Frank!  Thats brilliant! Loved it, but think it went on a bit too long. Thanks for this. b

Offline mouselady

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 03:32:16 AM »
I'm happy because my novel, 'The Woodcutter's Son', has had its first review on Amazon. Woo, and also hoo!

I'm happy because yesterday I completed my 'Wellness Recovery Action Plan' (WRAP) eight week course.

I'm happy I received a much-needed and timely tax rebate.

I'm happy because I choose to be.  ;)
Listen to 'Book It!' for author interviews, book reviews, original stories, and more on the last Saturday of the month, 10 -11 am GMT, on Sine FM, 102.6 on your radio dial, or www.sinefm.com

My dark fantasy, "The Woodcutter's Son", is available on Amazon.

Blog: sheilanorth.wordpress.com

Offline Frogg

• Let there be tea.
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 03:59:45 AM »
I'm happy because my novel, 'The Woodcutter's Son', has had its first review on Amazon. Woo, and also hoo!

Congratulations!

I'm happy because after months of CV's, application forms and wearing a 'hire-me' smile that hurt my jaw, I've finally heard back from a job.

Now to fill in the nine page form for the second stage and hope I get the interview.

Also happy cause if I get this job I'll have time to write and play on MWC too.

Fingers crossed.
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters... it's amazing I'm here at all. - Bernard Black

Offline bri h

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:50 AM »
Well done to both of you, specially well done to mousy(if I may?) for her WRAP, I have no idea what it is, but if you had to endure an eight week course and pass, then you must have earned it! A book getting its first review, lets hope they like it. Frog, you were in the same boat as myself, except you've now passed into the heightened state of job-ness! I'm jel, but at the same time happy for you(secretly, behind your back plot on where to throw the Dagger! laf)
I'm happy for the two of you's so in a way, thats the reason for me being happy! Thanks. bri.
(looks round in a severe depressed state and looks for a length of rope, a decent tree branch, a knife, a gun, pills, a plastic bag, [two cos tesco bags are soooo unreliable!] unplugs plug lick fingers and insert!) Am bringin the over-used 'lol' out of retirement to show you how funny I thought that last para was, lol lol lol lol, laf Bri.

Offline mouselady

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 04:42:57 AM »
A link to WRAP:

http://www.mentalhealthrecovery.com/

WRAP was developed by and for people with mental health problems, but can be used by anyone.

Incidentally, the woman who set up WRAP - and has written around 12 or more books now - told her psychiatrist "I want to write a book." Her psychiatrist allegedly replied: "You're being grandiose." After she wrote her book, Mary Ellen Copeland told her psychiatrist: "I want to run workshops." Psychiatrist's reply: "A person with your condition can't run workshops."

He was wrong about that, too.  :)
Listen to 'Book It!' for author interviews, book reviews, original stories, and more on the last Saturday of the month, 10 -11 am GMT, on Sine FM, 102.6 on your radio dial, or www.sinefm.com

Offline bri h

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 05:45:21 AM »
laf@your last. People in authority don't have ALL the answers! they just think they do! xbx

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »
Also happy cause if I get this job I'll have time to write and play on MWC too.

That sounds like the dream job ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

cmb

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
I'm happy because I helped my father update his website again. Not only did we do a great job (even if I say so myself), but even more importantly, I got to spend time with the first man in my life, and I got the chance to help someone I love.  :)

Offline mouselady

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
That's a lovely reason to be happy, Nelodra.

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
Happy today because I got a new cord for my glasses -- this time a leather plait rather than the beady affairs that break easily. Also . . . altering skirts [both expensive, one leather] too dear to replace and . . .  for 8 each I'll have both my 60 skirt and my 140 skirt wearable, comfortably. :D :D :D :D :D