Author Topic: Crystal Lake Publishing  (Read 98753 times)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
Re: Crystal Lake Publishing
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 08:02:59 AM »
My plans for Crystal Lake Publishing in 2013: http://www.crystallakepub.com/blog/crystal-lake-publishing-in-2013

Very excited about signing two authors for their very own short story collections, as well as working with a lot of really amazing horror writers.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 08:49:33 AM »
Lots of exciting projects ahead of you, Joe. Best of luck. ;)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
Thanks, Sio.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline ed

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
I've got a big year planned for 2013 (that's if the Mayan's were only joking).

As the owner and operator of Crystal Lake Publishing, I've launched six projects. All of them will be horror short story collections or anthologies by pretty well known horror authors, including Stoker award winners.

In April, For the Night is Dark will be available. The TOC includes: Gary McMahon, Jasper Bark, William Meikle, Armand Rosamilia, Jeremy C. Shipp, G.n. Braun, Stephen Bacon, Tracie Mcbride, Mark West, Robert Walker, Tonia Brown, John Claude Smith, Joe Mynhardt, Blaze McRob, Ben Jones, Kevin Lucia, Daniel I Russell, Ray Cluley, Scott Nicholson and Carole Johnstone. Ross Warren will be the editor.

The second anthology, Fear the Reaper, will be out just before Halloween 2013. This will be my editorial debut. The TOC includes: Ross Warren, Marty Young, Gary Fry, Taylor Grant, Dean M Drinkel, Stephen Bacon, Richard Thomas, Sam Stone, Eric S Brown, Mark Sheldon, Steve Lockley, Robert Shane Wilson, Jeremy C Shipp, Joe McKinney, Lawrence Santoro, Jeff Strand, Rick Hautala, Rena Mason, Feo Amante, John Kenny and Gary A. Braunbeck. Gary McMahon will write the introduction.

There will two short story collections, one by myself and another by an author I can't really mention yet (contracts need to be finalized first).

The other two collections will be zombie and urban horror anthologies featuring five writers, all of them writing about the same world and characters.

I've blogged a bit more about this on Crystal Lake Publishing's website, for those who want to read more.

Horror authors, editors and artists are also encouraged to submit biographies and links. There will be lots of great projects after these ones.
http://www.crystallakepub.com/blog/crystal-lake-publishing-it-s-alive-

excellent news joe and I'm interested to see how it develops this year

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 04:32:11 AM »
Thanks, Ed. Me too.

First day of the year and I already received an interview request on a blog that won a 'blog of the year' award. Great start.  ;)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 09:41:51 AM »
If you like zombies, Steampunk, webserials and having fun in the back seat, then don't miss out on my interview with the amazing Tonia Brown. http://www.crystallakepub.com/blog/a-word-for-a-word-with-tonia-brown

Offline Laura H

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
I'm loving your interviews, Joe. Congrats on yet more well earned success  :D
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:56 AM »
I'm loving your interviews, Joe. Congrats on yet more well earned success  :D

Thanks, Laura. There are two more coming this week. One with Sam Stone and an extremely funny one with Jasper Bark and Joseph D'Lacey.

Offline La Mouquette

• The Hanging of Margaret Dickson
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »
I checked out the website , very impressive.   :)
 La M
A person without knowledge is like a flower with no scent.

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 08:43:04 AM »
I checked out the website , very impressive.   :)
 La M

Thanks, La M. I'm working on a newsletter that'll be available from March as well - lots of freebies, competitions etc.
The next interview will also be up later today.  :)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
Sam Stone interview (for lovers of vampires, zombies and steampunk): http://www.crystallakepub.com/blog/a-word-for-a-word-with-sam-stone

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »
Writers are amazing people to work with (although tricky sometimes), but horror writers are a special breed. Check out this 'interview' I had with Jasper Bark and Joseph D'Lacey. There are a couple of swear words, but lots to laugh about.  :D

The Blood Fudge Disaster with Jasper Bark and Joseph D'Lacey - part 2 - revenge of the fudge:
http://www.crystallakepub.com/blog/the-blood-fudge-disaster-with-jasper-bark-and-joseph-d%E2%80%99lacey-%E2%80%93-round-two-revenge-of-the-fudge

Don't miss the youtube clip.  ;)

Offline Taylor

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
I'm loving these interviews, Joe.

I gotta check out Jasper Bark's work. He seems a whisker away from being certifiable. Almost had me fooled with his stunt too.

Also, is that Woody Allen in the yellow sweater?

Keep 'em coming.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 02:40:29 AM »
Thanks, Taylor.

Not sure if it's Woody Allen (Anything's possible with these guys. But they would've said something if it was him). Jasper Bark has a great zombie book out called Way of the Barefoot Zombie (you should check out the youtube clips he made for it), otherwise he's heavy into horror comics. And yes, he's as mad and funny as they come. His work will also be in one of Crystal Lake Publishing's books, For the Night is Dark, coming in April.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
Cool, Joe. I look forward to that.

I could have sworn it was Woody Allen. Must be someone who looks very much like him. Either that or I need my eyes tested.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick