Author Topic: ;D Helloooooooooo! i'm neeeeeeeew!  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Tash

;D Helloooooooooo! i'm neeeeeeeew!
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:54:16 AM »
hi all,

just a quick hello, my name is Tash and i am a pharmaceutical science student studying at nottingham university (please excuse my lack of capitalisation and poor grammar - this is the internet so my grammar and punctuation is allowed to be lazy, surely!? it's so much easier not to stretch my little finger to the caps lock button.)
i am a youthful 20 years of age, and a sagittarian, if you must know. my aspirations are to be a successful scientific journalist/writer amongst other fairly normal goals. i'm not sure which will be more suited to me yet, i haven't written anything in the last two years...it's a long story. if you want to know about it then ask, but i won't bore you with that just yet. hope to find some interesting people here, by the looks of this place so far there are some lovely people, can't wait to get to know them. any fellow science writers here? drop me a line!

bye for now

Tash x

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
Re: ;D Helloooooooooo! i'm neeeeeeeew!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:11:24 AM »
Hello Tash - and welcome to the site on behalf of all the moderators.

Delighted you found your way here. You seem to have some good solid ideas about what you want to write, which is always a great place to start. Now - how can we help to get those ideas onto paper?

Feel free to contribute anywhere and everywhere to the forums. You'll be surprised at how much this will be reciprocated when you have your own queries and doubts to air. Remember, the only experience necessary is to be able to type and press 'SEND'  ;D  We're all after the same thing, after all (well ... sort of ... you know what I mean)

Most importantly - have fun - and don't hesitate if you have any questions at all. Don't forget to drop by the Coffee Shop, too - it's fun in there!

All the best,
Symphony

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »
Welcome Tash..
there are some hard taskmasters on here ... methinks you may have to use that little finger of yours!

enjoy!

T
Big T  :o

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
Hi Tash

Great to have you on board...

my grammar and punctuation is allowed to be lazy, surely!?

No way!  I'm known to be picky - so watch out!   ;D ;D

Looking forward to your participation in the site - dive right in!  The water's lovely.  Er, I mean the coffee in the coffee shop is hot and the doughnuts (watch out for the jam!) are tasty. 

Carrie

Offline Aurora Collins

• Aurora Collins/Never give up your dreams
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 11:44:30 PM »
Hi, Tash! Very nice to meet you. As I am new to this site as well, I thought it would be nice to say hello to fellow newbies.
I am a staff reporter for my local paper, and have one completed novel that is in the hands of a publisher. I hope to chat with you more as time permits.
Good luck with your endeavors. :)

Aurora
Here I stand on a precipice, looking into the vast chasm of uncertainty,
Seeing the other side, ripe with success, wondering if someday that be me.
Then deciding I'll take nothing less.
Aurora Collins 2005