Author Topic: If you've impressed the publisher...  (Read 2097 times)

Lin

Re: If you've impressed the publisher...
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 02:28:22 AM »
Lizzie don't believe everything you read, you have to follow your own nose too.   Follow the guidelines for the publisher TO THE LETTER  and go for it!  I also got a contract to peruse too!  So only time will tell - perhaps the book isn't what they want when they read it - who knows, but it was the speed at which everything happened.  Maybe too good to be true, but we shall see.  Lovely lady at the other end - most helpful - seems to understand what I want.

When you get used to sending off submissions - it doesn't become such a big deal any more - you send it off and forget about it - keep records btw of all submissions.  Follow up if not heard in time scale they suggest. In the meantime you might have got a better deal -  so move on.

Best to send a good marketing plan.  I did and I felt it helped a lot. I think new writers make too much of submission letters, send a nice friendly letter that says something about your personality and where you are coming from.  Then follow the submission letter guidelines. Do what they ask on their web page.

Let's see what today brings.

Lin x

Offline Lizzie D

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
Thanks Lin. I do keep careful files on everything I send out. All emails (queries) I send and all emails I receive from agents. Each agent I query, has their own file. Maybe in the future, I'll try a couple of publishers as well.

Lizzie
http://elizabethdeleo.com
Authors are better looked over, than overlooked.

Lin

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:51 AM »
Yesterday brought good things but I'm not there yet just hanging on for now. 

Lin x