Author Topic: Write your Olympic Viewpoints Here  (Read 19345 times)

Lin

Write your Olympic Viewpoints Here
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
Hi Everyone

Matt had a fit of the willies this afternoon and his finger got mangled in his keyboard. ??? ??? ???  By some very strange phenomena the Olympic thread disappeared  :'( and we apologise to those who kindly contributed and their efforts were deleted.  I am sure Matt will explain later. No - no-one has been writing anything naughty about the Olympics, it was a genuine error.  ;D

So please do continue on with your Olympic stories and comment accordingly within the next two weeks.

Enjoy watching the Olympics and hopefully we get lots of medals

Lin x x x x :'

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Write your Olympic Viewpoints Here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
At least it wasn't his willy that got mangled in the keyboard ;-) As far as I know that's not yet an Olympic event.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
Yes, sorry everyone - I was on my phone touch screen and managed to accidentally remove the old thread when trying to zoom in (as you do). At least it wasn't one of the hundred page threads or something, that would have been just hilarious.
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
Oh dear-- you all right, Matt?

Anyway, in case you missed it in the bar . . . enjoy this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDFMKjhLRw

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
At least it wasn't his willy that got mangled in the keyboard ;
-) As far as I know that's not yet an Olympic event.

::)  ;D trust you!

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »
It was an irresistible opening ;-)

And now I will shut up and let the real Olympic comments begin.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 03:12:31 AM »
Oh dear-- you all right, Matt?

Anyway, in case you missed it in the bar . . . enjoy this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDFMKjhLRw

Ha ha I love Boris!

Offline midnight candle

• just checking in
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 03:17:19 AM »
i loved the mr bean skit where he re-enacts chariots of fire - brilliant piece of tongue in cheek at the obvious zola budd / mary decker saga of 1984.

the torch was a masterpiece and fitted in with the theme of the industrial revolution.

passing torches to the younger generation - nice touch. loved the show - full of atmosphere.

Lin

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 03:31:00 AM »
I think they expected too much of the British cyclists yesterday.  All the hype probably made them tired and perhaps blase in their approach to the finishing line. Who knows?  Still I would think it made them think again about what happened.  I loved the gymnastics last night. It's good that Matt Baker was commentating, he really knows this sport.

Lin x

Offline Chrissie

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 06:39:36 AM »
Mark Cavendish wasn't best pleased with the interviewer on the BBC news last night - told him not to ask stupid questions when asked if the Tour de France had taken its toll and then asked if the interviewer had actually ever ridden in a road race. Ooh, I thought  someone got off the wrong side of his bike.  :o Still, he must have been bitterly disappointed and yes, the expectations may have been too high.

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:25 AM »
Watching the women's road race on TV with my 3-year-old grandson.
Oliver: They getting wet.
Me: It's raining.
Oliver: They should carry umbrellas.
Me: Good idea. What else?
Oliver: Wear wellies.
Me: Yep. Silly aren't they?
Oliver: Why're they going quick?
Me: To be the first to reach the ice-cream van.

It's wonderful educating one's grandkids...

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 03:33:11 AM »
Mark Cavendish wasn't best pleased with the interviewer on the BBC news last night - told him not to ask stupid questions when asked if the Tour de France had taken its toll and then asked if the interviewer had actually ever ridden in a road race. Ooh, I thought  someone got off the wrong side of his bike.  :o Still, he must have been bitterly disappointed and yes, the expectations may have been too high.
It must take a lot of patience to deal with inane questions when you're bitterly disappointed and just spent many hours pushing hard. Of course the interviewers deliberately tease sportspeople hoping to get a reaction, and with Cav WYSIWYG.

Lin

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »
Has anyone heard of 'quick water' for the swimming - that's what the commentator said.

Lin x

Offline Chrissie

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 04:29:39 AM »
Has anyone heard of 'quick water' for the swimming - that's what the commentator said.

Lin x

That made me ponder too! There's a lot of talk about which is the best lane to be swimming in - something to do with the wake from the other swimmers. If that's the case, then some will have an unfair advantage - best give them each their own pool.

Offline geoffnelder

• Geoff's website
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 04:33:26 AM »
No one wants to be in the outside lane either, because of reflected waves interfering with your passage in the water and swamping your mouth just at the wrong time. The only ideal place is in front!