Author Topic: Another rejection.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Suemcb

Re: Another rejection.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
Yes, but before you burn them dump them on the floor and jump on them. Makes you feel much better. ;D
'The Dragon Who Couldn't Breathe Fire',  and 'Lost, in Forbidden Mine.' ebooks on Amazon

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »
I've never tried that, but I can believe it.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Skyeblue

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »
Don't let the rejections get to you, just keep going. It's a difficult industry and starting is the hardest part.

Lin

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:23 AM »
I am a member of Romna another writing forum for the Romantic Novelists' Association. Paid members only.  One thing they always tell me - and most of them are big named authors in romance - Get over it and get on with the next book you are writing! 

At first I found that a bit harsh, but realised it's perfectly true.  So I did get on with my next book and it doesn't feel half so bad now.  They were right and they should know - they've had tons of rejections before being recognised.

Good luck and just make sure your query letter is top notch.

Lin x

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
I've had over a hundred rejections (probably closer to 200). A few years ago I was on the verge of packing it in - I think I wrote a thread here entitled 'I'm getting a bit fed up' or something. Anyway, I kept writing because I realised I couldn't stop. I loved it. Writing rejections are a part of an author's life. Chin up, chuck!
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
Thanks Lin and Matt, normal service has been resumed. ;D
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline Laura H

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »
Excellent, Dawn!  Just allow yourself time to grumble then hit the reset button and go show 'em  ;D
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty