Author Topic: Shipwrecked with your characters. Who does what?  (Read 892 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Shipwrecked with your characters. Who does what?
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
This is another of these 'get to know your characters' games.

If you were shipwrecked, or in some other way marooned, on a desert island with your characters two questions arise.

What would you expect them to be able to do for you, and what could you do for them?

If you want to exchange the desert island for a simple desert, a frozen wasteland, whatever it's up to you.  As long as you and your characters are there alone, thrown onto your own resources.

Any takers?

Gyppo     
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
Re: Shipwrecked with your characters. Who does what?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »
In my latest WIP I'd expect Jane to come up with some creative solutions - not always practical, but they'd make you think of viable alternatives -- she'd be happy to help on a practical level . . . if she's having stable moment. But when she's hyper -- if directed well, she is extremely lucid and pays great attention to detail, picks up things fast when shown a plan or a practical demonstration. Useful for building models/prototypes to help with making shelter or an escape vessel.

Offline midnight candle

• just checking in
Re: Shipwrecked with your characters. Who does what?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
i'd be scared to slleep if niamh was around - great if she liked me but likely to strangle me in my sleep if she never.