Author Topic: Writers wanted for upcoming anthology  (Read 2203 times)

Offline akiabella

• View Profile
Writers wanted for upcoming anthology
« on: September 01, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »
 am starting to collect submissions for publication on the topic of depression. I know a lot of people can relate to this topic, even if they have never been diagnosed with clinical depression. I think everyone has felt that empty, hollow feeling, that seemingly endless sorrow that seems to bleed into all areas of our lives. Some people have had it worse than others, resulting in suicide attempts, hospitalization, or medication. Others may just experience a persistant and draining sadness that lasts for awhile but eventually goes away on its own. Sometimes it's brain chemical imbalances, sometimes it's just life's circumstances. I want to explore the experience of depression, the extent to which it interferes with our lives, the ways in which we try to cope with the feelings that take over. If you are interested in submitting some of your work on this topic, I will accept short stories, poetry, essays, memoir, and flash fiction for review. Please email your writing to bleedingink@peoplepc.com. All submissions must be less than 1200 words, original and not previously published.

Offline only_a_mortal

• View Profile
Re: Writers wanted for upcoming anthology
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »
This sounds like something I might like to be a part of, when is the deadline for submission?
Hurt

Offline akiabella

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:10:30 AM »
The deadline is December 30th. 

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »
Can it be put into a form of fiction, even if it's based on real life? like, can it be third person?
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline akiabella

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »
It can any form of writing you want as long as the length doesn't exceed 1200 words. 

Offline Lost&Found

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 04:12:56 PM »
A couple more questions . . .
Is there a financial incentive for contributing authors? and
Would inclusion in this anthology prevent future publication of the the submission in another novel/collection to be published by the author at a future date?

~Lost&Found
Life is difficult. . . It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transend it. . . Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.
- M. Scott Peck