Author Topic: $50,000 contest for women writers  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Pearl L.

• Be a Better Writer
$50,000 contest for women writers
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:50:29 AM »
I recently updated the contest page at be-a-better-writer.com Please check out all the new contests on the contest page www.be-a-better-writer.com/creative-writing-contests.html

Of special interest to women writers, the $50,000 Gift of Freedom award from A Room of Her Own, Deadline November 1.

Also of special interest, the $1000 Lorian Hemingway Short Story Competition. Deadline May 15th. The interview with Lorian Hemingway about the contest provides fascinating information and good tips useful in any contest: be-a-better-writer.com/lorian-hemingway.html

Finally, the $500 Hazel Hilles Memorial Short Fiction Prize. Deadline September 18, 2012, to commemorate the death of my mother-in-law this past January: be-a-better-writer.com/creative-writing-contest.html

And many more...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 01:52:35 AM by Pearl L. »
Pearl Luke is the author of two novels, <i>Burning Ground</i> & <i>Madame Zee</i>. Please visit http://www.be-a-better-writer.com/ to read excerpts from the novels, and for advice on writing technique and process, writing resources, writing prompts, character name generator, and much more.

Offline Laura H

Re: $50,000 contest for women writers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »
These sound very interesting, Pearl.  Thanks for posting  :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty