Author Topic: The Usual Suspects 2  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Paris Texas

The Usual Suspects 2
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:36 AM »
London and Frankfurt are under threat from nuclear terrorists.

MI5,and London's top anti-terrorist cop, are tracking the terrorists, and their suspected Russian handlers, using new, top secret, and highly illegal technology.

The terrorists detonate a nuclear device on a plane flying from Frankfurt to London, framing the pilot as an al Qaeda terrorist.

The British and German governments pay al Qaeda the biggest ransom ever paid, hoping to avert a nuclear catastrophe. They track 3000 tonnes of gold bullion using satellites and nuclear submarines.

But all is far from what it seems, and Keyser Soze is about to stun the world, pulling off the biggest, most breathtaking heist the world has ever seen.

Keyser Soze is back - big time, and about to twist everybody's head off!

The only thing bigger, would be World War 3 !!! (Completed script is 300kb so email me if you want a pdf copy)

Offline Vienna

Re: The Usual Suspects 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
I don't wish to read the whole thing, but things like this have been done, so something new has to have something very very special. IMHO
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Laura H

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
Hi Paris Texas,

You may get more comments if you take a moment to go introduce yourself to the community -

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

I'll look forward to meeting you there  ;)

Laura
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Paris Texas

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
It only takes about ten seconds to email - so I'll send you a copy if you like - then you can read the first / last few pages and decide if it's special enough for you to put some actual credibility to your quite surprising and unfounded comments, considering your status on the board.

I think it would be seen as disrespectful by any writer in the world, to make critical comments without having read even one page of their work. We're all here to further our craft, and to help others further theirs.

I don't think this has been done before - that's why I did it. For the challenge.

It's high concept and I think it's unique - and I hope a few of you will be tempted to read it - you might be surprised and read the whole lot, and just in terms of perspective, be glad you did.

Offline Paris Texas

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
My apologies Laura - I'll get there as soon as I can.

Offline Vienna

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »
I didn't crit YOU or YOUR work! Right? I said this kind of story HAS been done before right? which it has, agreed? My comments were surprising? unfounded? I don't think so! My status on the board? I have no status on the board.......I am a member like the others......that's all. So post a piece on here! I don't like mails from people "I don't know" My anti-virus has caught stuff before from people who wanted me to read their enthralling story.

So now, welcome to MWC, nice to meet you!
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Laura H

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »
Thanks, Paris.  Also, many members are hesitant to click on links of any sort.  It's recommended that you post a short portion of the work you want critiqued on the boards rather than supplying a link.

I want to point out that when you post anything for feedback, you're asking for the favor of everyone's time & skill.  Whether you like what you hear or not its considered bad manners to complain.  Simply take whats helpful and leave whats not.

Get to know us a bit and you'll likely find this a warm & welcoming environment in which to develop your writing skills :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Paris Texas

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
Thanks for that.

My screenplay is 300 kb, which is slightly over the limit to post it. I would like to post an excerpt, as soon as I can figure out a way to do it. I presume I cut and paste in Final Draft, then redo the pdf?

Would appreciate someone taking the risk to email me for the complete screenplay to put anyone else who would like to take a look at it, at ease.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:32:03 AM by Paris Texas »

Offline Maimi

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »
Hello Paris,

To post an excerpt, highlight and copy the text from Final Draft. Then paste it in a text box here. You'll lose some formatting and will need to tweak it a bit. See the Sticky: Script Formatting on the Forum for minimum formatting.

The word limit for posting here is in Sticky: Please read this first, found at the top of this board.

I hope a few of you will be tempted to read it - you might be surprised and read the whole lot, and just in terms of perspective, be glad you did.

Would appreciate someone taking the risk to email me for the complete screenplay to put anyone else who would like to take a look at it, at ease.
Don't be surprised or take it personally if no one takes you up on the offer. Someone might allow you to email an attachment to them, but more times than not, several steer clear of that practice until they've had time to get to know you. Other than computer viruses, there have been times when a new member split after receiving feedback, without returning the favor. I'm not accusing you of being a taker, but explaining why it might be difficult to get someone to give so much of their time to someone they don't know. :)

Offline Maimi

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »
My screenplay is 300 kb, which is slightly over the limit to post it. I would like to post an excerpt, as soon as I can figure out a way to do it. I presume I cut and paste in Final Draft, then redo the pdf?
Yeah, I realized my mind didn't go to attachments when replying earlier. Perhaps I'm still on the wrong track but ...

I use Movie Magic. Once a script is exported to Adobe, the Adobe file size is smaller than the Movie Magic file. If you export your file to Adobe and find the file still exceeds the limit for attachments, you could delete pages from the Adobe document (maybe post that excerpt on the review board) instead of tampering with the source in Final Draft. Some will avoid downloading an attachment to a post, as with email, but others might not.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:35:22 PM by Maimi »

Patron

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 01:16:11 AM »
Hello Paris;

I have seen us go for months without a single submission to Review my Screenplay. Then of course recently it seems to be culminating into a small skirmish.

You should listen to Miami, and you should listen, read and understand other posts.

Final Draft is fine. Yes there are other's. If in doubt, write in Final Draft, as it is one of the strongest screenplay programs accepted these days. Secondly, I would suggest that regardless of whether you have a screenwriting program or not, use it and transfer to Word, or simply write in word and use your learned formatting techniques. This could possibly be a better way to learn these techniques. ;)

Just a suggestion.

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline umeshmis

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
i find the script highly imaginative. it would be good if you told us in detail about those illegal hi tech.

Offline LC1

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
I really, like this idea and would like to read the script. I know its been a while since the usual Suspects and seeing kaiser Soze in the 21st century would be cool :)

Offline geopoet

• Writing is viewing scenes of our vast imagination
    • Geopoet's Wanderlust Imagination
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »
Send me a copy of script. I'm interested to read it. Send by PM.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:27:55 PM by Alice, a Country Gal »
Obedience to God's commandments is the highest form of worship.

http://www.wanderlustimagination.synthasite.com

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would let it be known that this person is no longer an active member.

Didn't want you wasting your time offering critiques/comments since he'll not be back to read or acknowledge them.

Alice

P.S. I'm locking this thread.
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi