Author Topic: Wa Ta Foo Li Yam  (Read 682 times)

Lin

Wa Ta Foo Li Yam
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:00:41 AM »
Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

I wrote a mail to Sleep Timer my radio alarm clock App.   I used precise English to explain my problem, do you understand this  reply'cos I don't?  I am going to see if I can make this work, but the power of English here is  awful to say the least. Written by an oriental person.  (name supplied)
Here is the reply

Dear, Lin Treadgold

We was delayed in the answer because your e-mail included from other groups.
Thank you for your understanding.

Radio, sleep timer after adding a Favorites use the channel.
Not adding a Favorites is hear only preview.

You want to add a favorite channel, select to the from [☆] button to [★] button.

If you need further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ensight Media

thatollie

Re: Wa Ta Foo Li Yam
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »
Okay, let's see. I'm going to strike through anything obvious and get to the nitty gritty.

Dear, Lin Treadgold

Radio, sleep timer after adding a Favorites to use the channel.
I think this means that you have to add a radio station to "Favourites" to use it

You want to add a favorite channel, select to the from [☆] button to [★] button.
This is an explanation but without knowing which buttons they mean, you can't do it.

If you need further information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ensight Media

To be honest, most radio stations have their own apps and a lot of them are free to download. You might find better results with them.

Offline RJLester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
Reminds me about a 2nd WW navy joke from an american pilot that shot down various Japanese planes, landed back on his carrier and asked the carrier captain how good was that, to which came a terse reply - velly flunny ammerclan plig pilot!

Gone are the days when most appliances were made in the west & the instruction booklet reflected English 101. Nowadays, schools do not fare any better.

Offline bowmore bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
Seriously Lin?  :-\

cmb

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »

Radio, sleep timer after adding a Favorites use the channel.

And there I was thinking my English was rather good, but now - seeing that I really can't make much sense of this - I fear I have to doubt my command of the English language.  :o

Lin

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »
I'm afraid despite trying to make sense of his answer, this is what I wrote to him and from what I gather he hasn't answered my question at all.  Of course, I have my favourite radio station in 'Favourites' so the answer I got was very basic and not relevant. He should know what I'm talking about, you guys may not understand my words if you don't have this device. This app is used as a radio alarm and I cannot now use it for the reasons below.  Something has changed and the other night we messed about with it to no avail, then suddenly without knowing why, we can now get the radio to work but we don't understand what has happened. We haven't done anything different. We put it on sleep timer thinking it would wake us up with the default music and it wasn't - it was the radio! But as you can see from the mail below - I got no help from this customer service at all.

Dear Sirs

After using the radio alarm for many months I recently downloaded an update.  In the past I have set the alarm button to ON, put the radio on, set the sleep timer, and put the cable into my i-phone  It worked fine.  Then when I did the update, last week,  no longer can I use the radio as a radio alarm.  I cannot set the radio to come on as a radio but only as a pre-set SOUND on the SLEEP TIMER. I cannot put all three buttons on any more, one to set the alarm, the other to ensure the radio comes on and the third to send me to sleep. I have purchased the full version.

I go into the SOUND page and put the alarm to RADIO.  When I go back to sound, it insists on being in Default sound and not the radio.I have tried to switch off the default and press RADIO, but it won’t save the settings.

In the window for SOUND I have two BBC programmes set. When I have pressed RADIO there is no button to save this. Im forced to go BACK.  I looked into EDIT thinking maybe there is a save button for the radio, but no.

'The sounds will change from the list provided' – this works fine.

The 'sleep timer' works on this mode also

I have deleted the app and re-set the settings, but the same thing happens. I cannot set the radio to come on by itself, only the default  alarm sound.

If I want the radio to come on,  I have to manually switch it on,  or use the SLEEP TIMER which will come on to RADIO if I do it manually.  What it won’t do is wake me up in the morning with the radio – only SOUND on the SLEEP TIMER.  This is a clock radio and we want to use it of course.

I used to have all three buttons on before I went to bed, now I can only have either radio or sleep plus the alarm (only two buttons and not all three) It is either sleep or radio. Before this,  if the radio was not switched on, the alarm would not come on, the default sound would come on instead if the sleep button was set to ON.

Music controller is disabled as it tells me that with Music Controller every alarm setting will be disabled, so this is OFF.

I have disabled Sound Effect.

The WiFi Playback only is ON

I have one alarm set to ON

Perhaps you could advise.  I hope the above instructions are clear for you.

Kind regards

Lin Treadgold
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:45:16 AM by Lin Treadgold »

Offline RJLester

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »
I admire your patience; I would have thrown the item out the window; I may even had taken the time (no pun intended) to open the window first!