Author Topic: Your favourite song - today  (Read 698154 times)

Offline lee_chick

Re: Your favourite song -- TODAY
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »
Usually I would be saying something by nine inch nails but today for some reason the song that won't get out of my head is god's top ten by INXS (very pretty, very sappy, totally not my usual style).  Although now I'm going to have to listen to Creep by Radiohead again...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

http://conversationswithacat.blogspot.com/

Offline writemoves

• Writecompany
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 02:27:11 PM »
moved on to Turn It Again, by the Chilli Peppers..., keep up Lee Chick! :)
I don't want to live forever through my writing, I want to do it by not dying. (Woody Allen)

Nelodra

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
Today it's Nella Fantasia, sung by Sarah Brightman. I'm listening to it right now  :)

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:36 AM »
My favourite at the moment is 'Never be lonely' by The Feeling. I'm loving all their songs at the minute.

http://www.thefeeling.com/ you can hear snipits of their songs here...the're good!

I woke up this morning with "I Wish I was a Punk Rocker " by Sandi Thom in my head. Only yesterday I told a friend that I liked the words but didn't like her rendition of the song. It came to haunt me and today I like it. Weird.

I agree oliver, I love that one too.  :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:50:09 AM by Angeleyes »
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline oliver

• Abandoned children often live with their parents
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »
Hi Saturnine, sorry about the typo - it is in fact "too late" Does the spiked hair I see around me these days also contain nits, gobs of mucus, beer and hairgel or does one have to be a punk rocker to qualify? Mmmm.  :-\ Oliver
Where there is kindness to animals, everything else may be taken for granted.
Judge a person's character by how they treat animals and how that person will treat those who can do nothing for them.

Offline Amie

• Global Moderator
    • threegeese
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
Oh no, spiked hair today is an altogether more sanitary affair.  You can get it done at your local Vidal Sassoon. These young whippersnappers don't know they're born. 

(I never actually had spiked hair, so I guess I don't know I'm born either.  weird, floating around in the amniotic fluid like this while typing into the internet...)
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Narnian Prince

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »
   Uh oh... i must really be out of place then.  :)  I woke up this afternoon (I do the night shift so I sleep during the day  :) ) and the first song I heard was Celion Dion singing "Born To Fly".  Unfortunately it will not only stay in my head but will continue to grate on my nerves for what the song actually represents.  When Air Canada went through its restructuring phase upper management told the employees to dig deep as there was no money left in the kitty.  The majority of us coughed up more than 10 per cent of our pay and more than 40 per cent in benefits.  Somehow, after these 'sacrifices' were put into effect, managment found $40 million (U.S. funds) to pay Ms. Dion to sing this song as our new 'theme' song.  I did switch the radio off but I'd already heard to much.  LOL!!!  Ah well, the cost of doing big business I suppose.  (And also another motivational factor for me to get a best seller out there!  :) )

Anyway, it's my least favourite tune but it's stuck there.  :(

Have a truly wonderful and Blessed day, everyone!  :)

Chris

Offline Amie

• Global Moderator
    • threegeese
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 02:56:51 AM »
NP, it's supposed to be songs that you're enjoying, not ones that are driving you crazy!  Try to think of a song you like, to drive the evilness out of your head :)

Today's favourite song is:  Count Grassi's Passage Over Piedmont, by The Divine Comedy
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline pjtudor

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 03:37:31 AM »
My fave song today is Avril Lavinge with Sk8ter Boi. I love th song

pjtudor

Offline oliver

• Abandoned children often live with their parents
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 04:00:34 AM »
Woke up this morning with Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel in my head. Stuck in a time warp. Oliver
Where there is kindness to animals, everything else may be taken for granted.
Judge a person's character by how they treat animals and how that person will treat those who can do nothing for them.

Offline CradleThief

• Mistress of Wacky Shenanigans
    • My Deviantart Account
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 04:44:31 AM »
At the moment, I've got quite a few kicking around in my brain. "Save Yourself" by Stabbing Westward, "Scream" by IMA Robot, "Follow the Cops Back Home" by Placebo, and a song (I can't remember the title) by Supertramp. I live in a very musically eclectic household. :-\ But they are all awesome songs!
"Rather be dead than cool." - Kurt Cobain

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
Great...thanx to you Oliver i've got Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture show stuck in my head....
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline Smiley

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:40 PM »
Not usually my style, but I've been listening to Fatboyslim 'I see you baby' - had it on really loud in my car - brilliant! ;D
Smiles make the world a happier place, share yours with a stranger it could make their day.

Offline sirwin

• I am therefore I think
    • Create Your Own Ebooks Using Free Software
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 05:24:20 PM »
I have two titles today. I hope that's allowed....

For me it's "Yeke Yeke" by Mory Kante (club mix). It takes me back to some amazing times.

We also had several renditions of "Happy Birthday" because my youngest daughter is two today. Personally I hate the song and it's banned from my own birthdays, but today I guess it's allowed.

Narnian Prince

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 10:19:52 PM »
   "NP, it's supposed to be songs that you're enjoying, not ones that are driving you crazy!  Try to think of a song you like, to drive the evilness out of your head.  :) "

You're absolutely right, Saturnine!  :)  I do hereby humbly apologize to the group for my faux pas in this regard.   :-[   If I may be permitted to begin again, I woke up today to a different song and mood.  When my gorgeous soulmate and I were married 14 years ago our first dance togher was to Natalie Cole doing the duet of "Unforgetable" with her father, Nat.  This was the song that greeted me today and has me smiling.  :)  The feeling could only be surpassed if Julia had actually consented this afternoon to dancing with me in the bedroom rather than making excuses to make an early dinner for the kids.  LOL!!!  :)

Have a truly wonderful and Blessed day everyone!  :)

Chris

p.s. Thanks again, Saturnine!  :)