Author Topic: Your favourite song - today  (Read 637482 times)

Offline Amie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • threegeese
Your favourite song - today
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:43:26 PM »
What song are you most enjoying listening to today?  Not your favourite of all time, just what you like the most today.

I'm really enjoying "Underwear goes inside the pants" by Lazy B.  Seldom does a pop song manage to be both amusing and politically correct. (and I like the background music too)

(edited to add link to lyrics, 'cos it sounds like maybe they aren't playing it in the US?:  http://www.shadowsofnothing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32039  -- warning, these have adult lyrics)

(and then edited a second time several months later, 'cos after all this time I've finally got sufficiently irritated by having made a Ronseal reference to delete it).

ADDED BY NICK - This has become a very popular thread. Further additions are always welcome, but please do NOT include the entire lyrics of your chosen song, as this would be a breach of copyright and legally and morally unacceptable. If necessary, one or two lines of the song may be quoted, but no more than this. Thank you for your understanding - Nick (not wanting to be sued!)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:41:37 AM by Nick »
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite song -- TODAY
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 03:17:43 PM »
I seriously enjoy Louder than Words, written for a musical show called Tick...Tick...BOOM! by Jonathon Larson, the guy who wrote Rent.
Tick...Tick...BOOM! never really took off, which is sad cuz it was a good show. But the song ROCKS!
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline Milysmic

• My boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »
 I haven't listened to any music today but I have been singing the theme song for Blues Clues without mercy!

We sat on down and figured it out
What blues Clues was all about
Hey you know what?
Your really smart

Deet deet deet.

(Just in case you didn't know the words)  8)
Milysmic

Nelodra

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:55:50 PM »
It's a very old song, by a renaissance guitarist/composer
"Toda mi vida os amé" - Luys Milan

Offline ellie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 06:24:36 PM »
This may sound strange, but I usually wake up each morning with a song in my head! And that song 'follows' me through the day...
today it was a T-Rex number 'Get it on'
The cure for boredom is curiosity.There is no cure for curiosity
Oscar Wilde
http://www.goldstarbooks.co.uk/ellie_Bowdery.htm

Offline sleepycat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:35:05 PM »
I'm singing it in my head at the moment - 'Tonight' from West Side Story. No idea why! I'd be singing it out loud but everyone else has gone to bed.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • View Profile
    • My blog pages
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:22:54 AM »
I heard Genesis' "Follow you, follow me" song this morning - love it!  It will now reside in my head for the day.

Carrie
www.ukfolkie.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/carolynsheppard
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yiTf1zjnxQc
www.thecompletetrainer.com

Offline writing is hard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 07:08:37 AM »
Why?

Offline oliver

• Abandoned children often live with their parents
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 07:24:12 AM »
I woke up this morning with "I Wish I was a Punk Rocker " by Sandi Thom in my head. Only yesterday I told a friend that I liked the words but didn't like her rendition of the song. It came to haunt me and today I like it. Weird.

I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
I was born to lead into a world that doesn't care
I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

Those were good times..........Woodstock........Ashbury Park....

Oliver
Where there is kindness to animals, everything else may be taken for granted.
Judge a person's character by how they treat animals and how that person will treat those who can do nothing for them.

Offline Amie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • threegeese
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 07:30:04 AM »
You know what I don't like about that song, and I'm sure she did it on purpose, but still:  punk rockers didn't have flowers in their hair.  They had nits and gobs of mucus and beer and hairgel.  Forgive me for being too literal :)
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 07:47:40 AM »
JoSe Feliciano - Che Sara. i love it

Offline oliver

• Abandoned children often live with their parents
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »
Hi Saturnine, I agree it's a strange combination and perhaps your comment that she wrote deliberately is valid. Furthermore I don't recall any significant revolutions in 69 and 77. Oliver
Where there is kindness to animals, everything else may be taken for granted.
Judge a person's character by how they treat animals and how that person will treat those who can do nothing for them.

Offline Amie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • threegeese
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »
Well, if we're gonna let her off for the flowers in the hair, I think we can let her off for the revolutions.  I mean, she only says they're "in the air", not that they're actively happening. (just to further nitpick, since I'm obviously obsessed with this song now, she actually says she was born "too late", not "to lead")

I'm sure Miss Thom will be relieved to have our blessing.  I wonder if she's met Macca yet?

Today's favourite song is still:  Underwear goes inside the pants.  Loyal or unimaginative, take your pick :)

Offline writemoves

• View Profile
    • Writecompany
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 12:35:24 PM »
Well... let's lurch away from the white line that runs down the middle of the road... ;D

How about Creep, by Radiohead. Catchy..... 8)

Writemoves
I don't want to live forever through my writing, I want to do it by not dying. (Woody Allen)