Author Topic: Laid back Laundry. Not a disaster, just a liitle glitch.  (Read 618 times)

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Laid back Laundry. Not a disaster, just a liitle glitch.
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
I woke up with a swollen left wrist and knew I'd have to do something about it.  This was a bit beyond just 'toughing it out..  So I stuck one of my anti-inflammatory pills in my shirt pocket to make sure it got downstairs with me and joined my regular 'stay alive' chemical cocktail. 

Then I bundled up a load for the washing machine.  'Boil Wash'.  I dare say some of you can guess where this is going.

Having loaded the machine whilst three jacket spuds were cooking I decided to o the civilised thing and change my shirt as well, then set the machine going before sitting down to eat..

A few minutes later I was lining up my pills to go with breakfast, rummaged in my shirt pocket, and realised what had happened.

So right now I probably have the most laid back laundry in the Northern Hemisphere ;-)

Gyppo

My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
    • Little Bits of History
Re: Laid back Laundry. Not a disaster, just a liitle glitch.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
I guess that is much better than Ma's laundry that was frozen stiff.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
My shirt was all drugged up ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

• Global Moderator
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Oh Gyp, I have done the same thing mate, but worse than drugs.

Lucky you have more.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
There's a new twist on the tale.  When I opened the machine this morning to transfer everything to the tumble drier I found a piece of tissue had somehow got in there as well.  I blame Mum, partly, because she's a little tinker for shoving tissue up her sleeves.  But I normally check and find anything which shouldn't go through, so I take some of the blame.  Still annoying, but not the end of the world.

A lot of it was trapped in the rubber door seal, and just scooped out easily enough as a soggy mess.

Probably kitchen roll, because it was still mostly in biggish chunks which I shook off by cracking every garment like a whip, thus decorating the kitchen floor with fragments of soggy tissue.

But, and this is the hot story of the day...

The washing machine not only swallowed my pill, it paid for it.

There was a one pound coin and a two pence coin caught in the door seal.

A pretty fair exchange for a minor bit of tissue hassle ;-)

I may exchange this unexpected 'lucky pound' for a lottery ticket later and see if the luck continues.

Gyppo  

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
Congratulations. My washer never pays me. I must be doing something wrong.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
But I had to become a drug dealer to get this kind of dumb loyalty.  I feel bad about this ;-)

Offline fire-fly

• Global Moderator
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:28 PM »
Gyppo on the Most Wanted list ay. >:D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
Drug Dealer to the White Goods Trade.

Hey, if this is mid-life career change I'm going to be bloody ancient by the time I shuffle off.

Offline Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:47 PM »
I once washed my cell phone :( Amazingly,despite the messed up screen,it still worked :)

Offline Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
My phone, a sturdy old Nokia was dropped in a rock pool at Newquay beach and only discovered a couple of hours later when the owner, my daughter, walked back along the same bit of beach and thought 'Look, so poor sod's dropped a phone just like mine.'

It was switched on, which blew the sim card.  She got a new phone and I inherited the dead one.  After partially dismantling it, washing it thoroughly with fresh water, and drying it carefully I fitted a new card and it's been working for several years since.

If it hadn't been turned on when it went into the pool a good swish around under the tap and a thorough drying may have saved the card and all the stored addresses as well.

I deliberately washed a thumb drive a few times as a test and it survived with the data intact, even on the boil wash.  But others who have tried this, deliberately or otherwise,  were less successful.  I'm guessing that once water gets into the drive you'll have a hell of a job drying it thoroughly enough and that has to be the secret.

Gyppo