Author Topic: Just sent mss to a US publisher  (Read 864 times)

Lin

Just sent mss to a US publisher
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:44 AM »
Hi Guys

I just sent my mss to a US publisher this morning who takes British authors.  There was a lot of work to be done before I sent it, their guidelines are very extensive. All the work I had done for another submission had to be changed.  Each submission is different, you cannot just send a pile of submission papers off to ten agents all at once, each one has their own rules.  So it takes about two hours to make the changes.

Anyway, once it has been changed, there is always that horrible moment when you have to press the SEND button.  Did I forget something? Is the mss in very good order? Did I answer all the questions correctly? So I did press SEND with gritted teeth and got an auto reply to say they had received it.  Their spam filter is very sensitive to perfection, so at least now I know I got it right!  Phew!

I think the worst moment is pressing SEND

Lin x

Offline Dawn

• Dawn
  • 'Kinky boobs? Really, well I never.'
    • View Profile
Re: Just sent mss to a US publisher
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »
Good luck Lin. I agree entirely. :D
Time to take it serious and get the job done

Offline Matt Walker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:43:13 AM »
Good luck with it!
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:49:44 AM »
Best wishes.

It's like the first time you let your daughter stay out overnight.  You may trust her implicitly, but...

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline HPvD

• View Profile
    • HP's Happy Writing Blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:25:42 AM »
I do think that chances are that for US Publishers something From the other side of the Ocean
could be something that's especially interesting for them, I have a good feeling about it.     

Good luck.
To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Lin

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »
Maybe when they see I live in Holland it might be make or break.  Anyway it's a well recommended publisher known to our RNA members who have all done well with it.

Lin x

Offline Linda Aitchison

• View Profile
    • A little bit about me x
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Good luck Lin.

Best wishes.

It's like the first time you let your daughter stay out overnight.  You may trust her implicitly, but...

Gyppo

Noooo, fingers in my ears far too scary a prospect (well they are only 13.)
<a href="http://www.freelancewritingtips.com">"Currently updating and adding to my book on freelance writing</a>