Author Topic: Anthology Call for Submissions - The Big Bad  (Read 664 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Anthology Call for Submissions - The Big Bad
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:03:52 AM »
This is another one from the Absolute Write Forums. They are paying a flat fee of $50 per story of 4,000 to 6,000 words. The main character must be a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool bad guy/girl!

More details from the AW forum post (by John G. Hartness) are reproduced below...

I'm publishing an anthology late in 2012, and am currently open to submissions. Here are the details.

Write the best bad guy story you can - it can be horror, science fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy, lit fic, whatever - but the main character must be the bad guy/girl. No misunderstood characters - straight-up evil only! Make it interesting, give me a twist, but give me EVIL!

No erotica. Some heat is okay, but no full-on erotica.

Stories should be 4-6,000 words. If it absolutely needs to run longer, please query first.

We acquire worldwide first print rights and exclusive digital rights for one year. After the year is up, you can release the story yourself digitally in any way you choose.

Payment is $50 plus two contributor copies. Payment will be made when anthology is published.

Submissions are open through July 31, 2012. Publication late 2012. Email submissions to johnhartness-AT-gmail.com with Big Bad in the subject line.

Email questions to the same address.
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.