Author Topic: Second Cartoon Under Development  (Read 593 times)

Offline millsja

• View Profile
Second Cartoon Under Development
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:18:49 PM »
Just an update.

As Many of you know, I started a daily publication of a cartoon strip (IN THE DARK) on December 27 last year.

A week later, I added a daily joke panel (Penny-a-Joke).

The demand for jokes created by these two publications led to the publiction of a daily page of jokes.

Since then, I've added 60 days of queue in each of these daily publications.

In the meantime, I've been developing a second cartoon strip, not because of a burning desire to drive myself mad, but because the public presentation of my work (even if no one reads it),  will add a significance to my real goal - to learn to draw.

Although it will be weeks, maybe months before I'm ready to go live, I thought I'd share with you the development process I'm undertaking.

For a direct link to my LEARN TO DRAW project (and the cartoon concept it spawned.), please go to:

http://www.funnyflashfiction.com/Learning%20to%20Draw.html

Or, go to my blog and then backup the Url (to get rid of the blog) to www.funnyflashfiction.com, and then follow the galleries till you find Learning to Draw.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yours,

... James Maxwell

James Maxwell

Offline HPvD

• View Profile
    • HP's Happy Writing Blogspot.com
Re: Second Cartoon Under Development
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »
Great to see your developments like that,

It looks that you have created an interesting way to introduce your cartoon with IN THE DARK, by letting people wonder about 'What Comes Next' with only showing the eyes, the texts and the text balloons makes people wonder what those characters look like. It really catches the attention that way.  

I also like the Stage & Spotlight setting and the 'Film Strip Perforation'
that also very much catches the attention. As I said before something
you expect to find printed in a newspaper.
To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline millsja

• View Profile
Re: Second Cartoon Under Development
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »
Thank you.
That's very encouraging.

yours,

... Jim
James Maxwell