Author Topic: New Here, obviously  (Read 1158 times)

Offline MAmberConrad

• View Profile
New Here, obviously
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:06:02 AM »
Hello, everyone. Obviously I'm new here. Thanks to Mike Stevens, I have found this site. I come from a land called Booksie, where I have a LOT of my writing. So, a quick paragraph about me...

I write poetry, stories, articles, and music. I write about what I feel in my heart and soul. I write about personal experiences. I write because it is part of who I am, and who I always want to be. Paper and pen has always been my best friend, my confidante, never betraying me. It has been my therapy over the past several years, helping me to find my mistakes in life, and showing me where I can better myself. I see my own words and thoughts on paper, and it is important to me to be able to express myself this way.

I am looking forward to reading, writing, and meeting new people.

M Amber Conrad

Patron

Re: New Here, obviously
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »
Hello, M Amber Conrad;

Welcome to MWC! I would like to say what a very well written introduction, by the way.

Their is much to see and do here. Check it all out; feel free to jump in.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards. ;)

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline Skip Slocum

• Writers are dreamers with pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »
Welcome to the Circle, we have much to offer. We’ve divided the subjects of interest into categories. (There are subheadings under each one.) However, before you go any further, please drop by this link below and give it a read.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

It will familiarize you with how we do things; our forum-educate, and limits.  Reading this page first will help. None of us wants to meltdown the servers or any of our other members.   

Visit our Coffee Shop. Make some friends in the, ‘MWC Bar’ for instance. Ask some questions and jump right in. We do however ask that you help a few others before you post any of your own work. Look for a blue pushpin at the top of each page-list you open. Read that post.

Whether you are a reader, writer, or a poet, we have it all.  As implied in the name, ‘My Writer’s Circle’, we all learn from, and teach one another. Again, welcome aboard.

Skip
MWC Glossary --> http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=41276.0

thatollie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:26:32 AM »
Welcome aboard. Who are some of your favourite authors?

Offline MAmberConrad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
Favorite authors??

Well, I've enjoyed Stephen King since I was 12 ("It" was the first). I like Tami Hoag, Dean Koontz, Christopher Moore, JK Rowling (Harry Potter series), Patricia Cornwell...
I know there's plenty others that I've enjoyed and just can't think of them on the top of my head. I'll read just about anything (except Romance). My favorite genre is the Memoirs, usually the unknowns, although I do read up on famous people. Sci Fi and Fantasy are the "okay" genres. I've read a few Dungeons and Dragons books (big DnD fan) and a little of Diann Thornley. I really don't like the Classics. Really too wordy for me. (I know, Stephen King is famous for "wordy" and getting off the beaten path at times, but he's got some REALLY good works out there, too.)

I'm currently reading a Lincoln Lawyer book, by Michael Connelly, and I just finished "11/22/63" by Stephen King. Whoa, it was a really good book! If I'm not in the middle of a book, I'm simply not happy.

Hope that answers your question!

thatollie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
It sure does. See you around.

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:36 AM »
Welcome to MWC!
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Dibbledabble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Hi ya! I am hoping this site will fill in the gapping gaps Booksie has. I like Booksie, but with the email notifications gone its so hard to keep up with the reads. Such a shame, the support stucture seams to be waining.

Anyway thought since you and Mike Swell Guy Stevens have shown your faces I thought it would be a good thing to give it a whirl

Dibs

Offline Maimi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum, M Amber Conrad.

Browse around and feel free to join a discussion. :)

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • View Profile
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
Hello Amber and welcome to MWC. This is a wonderful place to learn, share and enjoy some down time.

Smiles,
Alice
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • View Profile
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
Welcome aboard, Amber.  :)
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.