Author Topic: Auto crit editing wizard  (Read 824 times)

MrsButler

Auto crit editing wizard
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »
Has anyone on MWC any experience regarding the  various online editing services such as auto crit editing wizard?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:59:33 AM by Nick »

Offline magicunicorn

• View Profile
Re: Auto crit editing wizard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:33:31 PM »
Hi there, i have tired it  a couple of times  - you get to use it three times a day with out having to pay for it. i found it helped cut out extra words eg) you had too many that's in your work. It helped me with my raw work and gave me a rough idea of where i was going wrong.  Give it a try  before you  decided to buy.

Good Luck
Magic Unicorn

MrsButler

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
Thank you so much x

Offline aoh2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
 I have not used this Auto crit Editing wizard before, but i have used a similar program (whitesmoke). Initially, i thought it would improve my grammar, sentence structure, etc, however i found that it was unreliable at times since the program makes obvious mistakes, so sometime i don't even know if i'm right or wrong. May be the program I used before is not very good, i'm not sure myself.

But i will try the editing service you have mentioned, may be this program is infact really good.

Btw, does anyone know whether these editing services (both online and program ones) actually steal your work and publish/use it online? I wonder if the creators do that...

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:19:35 PM »
I had a membership for a couple of years. It helped me a lot in the early stages of learning. It pointed out my overuses, repititions and such. However, it got to the stage when I knew I was telling not showing, using info dumps and the like and my was, there's and ings glared at me. So it didn't seem worth carrying on with it. I didn't like the new format either. The reports part I never used.

Offline SamPerkins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:27 AM »
Never heard of it until now. Just gone and used it, and I like it! Bit disappointed that I have to pay to print the reports though.