Author Topic: My Last Nights Disaster  (Read 9297 times)

Sam Cooper

Re: My Last Nights Disaster
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »
Geez. It's like the killing fields over there. I probably couldn't sleep the whole time if I was there. Maybe in the freezer. :)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »
Um, theres a snake in there mate. >:D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Sam Cooper

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
But that's a snow snake, and I'm canadian, so know how to handle those. :)

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
 :D :D :D

Silly me, thats a fair call.

Offline trev

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2012, 05:08:48 AM »

Sam, I found the best wood for carving was LIME wood, you can get very fine definition across the grain such as fingernails on a soldier only three inches high. I cut up seven chess pieces before getting running out of wood, and patience. How did I learn wood carving? I made a tiepin for an Irishman who had inherited a castle in Ireland, he asked me to make him his family coat-of-arms as a tie pin. It turned out that he was a master wood carver producing huge pieces of carvings for churches, masonic lodges and individuals. He was so pleased with his gold tie pin he gave me a big chunk of lime wood the tools and taught me how to carve and shape wood.

FF I thought I was in Bones's bar last time we had contact, I waited all day for that cup of tea, silly me. This boat trip you were on! how much of the firemans chopper did you see with your eyes half closed?
You little minx. As for snakes in the freezer, I heard you can live on them (Dundee film) but life must be bloody hard for you girl, training the dogs to catch dinner.   
I gained Experience from not reading the small print.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:53 AM »

I was worried the dogs were bitten to be honest. But it ended up being a harmless snake and it didn't stand a chance with the dogs anyway.

The axe was not impressive if that is what you were wondering mate.  ::)

Offline trev

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2012, 05:52:26 AM »

What sort of dogs are they? besides snake killers.

The last house we lived in was next to a field with some donkey's, one day there was a commotion in the field, when we went to find out what was causing the racket, discovered our cat had caught a grass snake, and for whatever reason, was being chased by the snorting donkey's.

Not quite the same as poisonous critters FF.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:40 AM »

Thats just hilarious. Animals are amazing things aren't they.

My dog is an Amstaff (American Staffy) not a Pitt Bull, there is a difference.  ;)

My other dog, which is really my daughters, is part Amstaff. She was a rescue dog and has a lovely personality. :D

Sam Cooper

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
I carve with any wood, prefer birds-eye or ripple maple but very expensive and hard to find. Certain stones friends send to me to make them something. They used to ask for a particular object but for me carving isn't like that. I only give what the piece allows me.

My last dog was a Chow. I still miss him.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2012, 07:34:18 AM »
My last dog was a Chow. I still miss him.

When I was a little kid the people at the witch's house, (it had a tower on each corner with a pointed roof with black tiles which made them look like witches hats), had a chow.  That big blue tongue terrified me for some reason.

I used to take the long way around to school rather than walk past that dog.

As an adult they don't bother me more than any dog bothers an ex-Postie with various dig-bite scars, but back then my blood used to run cold when it trotted across the road and stood in my way, letting that long tongue loll out.  It was never overtly aggressive, just gut-level scary.

A while back I was introduced to another breed, can't recall the name, which is related to the Chow, but about half the size.  The owner took great delight in showing me how it's hair stood straight out and picked it up to show me that underneath all the hair the body was larger than that of a miniature poodle.  Weird little thing.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Sam Cooper

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »
Sounds like an Akia(I think)(nope can't be because of the poodle size, maybe a Bichon?)

I had a black chow as a pup(he was the shadow, he didn't have to hide in them) The other was a cinnamon. But were very family orientated. But yeah, that tongue is weird.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »
Bichon sounds right.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
Found this today, thought it may amuse.  ::) ::)

Right click to enlarge

Offline trev

« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »

FF, (Amstaff) Half American and half Staffordshire. That's a new one on me mate, good job it wasn't from the Scilly Isles, it would have been a SILLYSTAFF, or China, a Chinstaff, Pakistan, a Pastaff, or New Zealand, Newzstaff. There must be dozens more but now I'm being silly.

I had a Border Collie that used to ride on a skate board with the kids, climb the steps of slides and slide down it, and dive off the bridge with the kids into a river, a real character. 

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
You get very attached to them don't you Trev. I love our girls, real characters they are.