Author Topic: My Last Nights Disaster  (Read 9286 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: My Last Nights Disaster
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 06:19:13 AM »
Boys will always be boys won't they.

Of course ;-)  Just the toys get bigger ;-)

I'm glad the fridge responded to resuscitation.  Loved the description.

...and bang, that cleared the sucker.

I can just hear either you or Brett saying that, then opening the fridge door, seeing the 'expoded cat' and saying "WTF".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:25:53 AM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
 :D :D :D

I had the door slightly ajar, for the pressure and all. Lucky I didn't get a nose full Gyp.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
High pressure air is a wonderful beast, unless it escapes and does things you aren't expecting.  I once saw a chap 'blow' a dent out of a  motorbike petrol tank (metal) with an airline.   He screwed the filler cap down tight and connected the air hose to the fuel tap. There was a bit of a metallic ping and the dent just pooped back out.  I'd been half expecting the filler cap to fly off and smash through the garage roof.

Half a second after the dent was out one of the welded seams between top and bottom let go and there was rust and shite from inside flying all over the place ;-)  But the filler cap held. 

Don't think I'd stay and watch if anyone offered to show methe same 'trick' again.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Skip Slocum

• Writers are dreamers with pens
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
 ;D

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »
 :o :o :o

It is a great tool but one to be respected highly thats for sure.  ;)

Offline trev

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »

I think a blow job like you mentioned FF deserves mentioning.  ;D  ;D  ;D
I gained Experience from not reading the small print.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

Thanks Trev.  :D

Offline trev

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2012, 06:14:42 AM »

I am trying very hard to clear out my garage, two trips to the tip, two to the charity shops, and one to the scrap yard has proved there is a floor larger than the 2-3 feet (1mtr) I am used to seeing.

How I manage to get so much work done in such a small area is can only be described as amazing, no! more like miraculous. and I still have enough stuff to fill a skip.

Fire Fly I only get quick spells on the computer, just seen the snake, he looks bloody evil.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
 :D :D

All snakes are evil Trev.

Wow mate, you must have some crap in that garage. Might have to get you into mine too, it may give you a run for your money.  ;D ;D

We started tearing the old bathroom out yesterday, that will continue today and I should be showering in a new space within a fornight.  :D :D

Well, thats the plan.  :P

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
Talking of crowded sheds, on of my postal customers had so much stuff crammed in his shed that he borrowed a jig-saw and cut another entrance at the back end so he could reach the long lost workbench and tools.

Two weeks after that he bit the bullet and bought a second similarly small shed which he erected next to the original before transferring just the bench and power supply.

His wife asked why he didn't just buy one much bigger shed.and get rid of the old one.

"What?  Move all that junk from the other one?  Are you mad, woman?"

That was several years ago.  He probably has three sheds by now.

You know something?  There's a lot to be said for a shed with a door at each end.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:47:23 AM by Gyppo »

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
I have to agree whole heartedly with that sentiment Gyp, mine would be a lot easier if I could access it both ways.

Patron

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »
OH lord, what did I start?  ;)

Gyppo, Oh.... Gyppo :D

Your right, the color of water in the bucket is a very clear sign of the true ancient art of cleaning, grasshopper.  ;D

Then again, one needs to learn and appreciate the actual wringing feature of the mop that this modern world has dispelled upon us. Having marble floors through the entire house requires a certain technique, which if you will permit, I am willing to give a bit of Bond shaken and not stirred experience.

First of all, we must not scrape as, I cannot possibly imagine the horrible thoughts that come to bear, when the need arises to scrape; that scares me. :D So that said, I would say that now Bond must, do a very thorough sweep, as from my personal experience, marble looks great when it's clean, except when it's dirty, which is almost every moment. [Why did I let that salesman talk me into to marble?] Anyway, after the....very thorough sweeping process takes place....., Oh wait a minute I was talking about cleaning the floors; oh yes, I remember now....Anyway ;D So sweeping...we got all that, sorry. Ok, now comes the horribly and most nauseating and thoroughly degrading process of moping; not just slathering it across the floors, mind you. Oh no, this requires a revolting experience that one could possibly imagine. Any guesses?
Wringing.............. Can I possibly highlight this anymore? Basically, it.....I hesitate to describe, but...we'll in the end I can only say it sucks! Not literally, but it is a horrible chore. Touching dirty water and forcefully wringing out that dirty water and then as modern technology has offered…dipping this back into now dirty water and then swilling around a bit and get this….wringing it again. Oh my God, are we serious?

Now the beauty of having a merry maid-pipe cleaner-two hours lost out of a tough day, cleaner person, come in and take care of the remaining mop business and things I failed to finish is worth it's wait in gold.

Final thought Gyppo. I’ve got some guns for arms as I press on the bench every day. That is what makes the pipe cleaner a great option for men and women alike; we all enjoy watching that great bod and getting the relief of a clean house. It does cost a bit, but…..it’s…..we’ll….it’s worth it!

All said, I guess if this friggin screenplay doesn’t sell, I guess I’ll have to resort to being a cleaner of sorts…… ;)

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2012, 07:00:18 AM »
I have to agree whole heartedly with that sentiment Gyp, mine would be a lot easier if I could access it both ways.

It would be dead easy to order a new shed with that option.  Ever more useful if you have a long narrow lean-to shed on the side of your house.  Keep all the glory-pile-come-in-handy-some-day-stuff at one end, and the working area at the other.

If you ever spill anything really noxious and stinky in there, or go away on holiday for a fortnight in the summer forgetting you have a dead pheasant 'hanging' in there yoiu could open both ends to get a decent airflow going.  (Yes, I know from experience.  When I came home, late at night, the smell reminded me before I even opened the door.  I took one sniff and dealt with it in the morning ;-(

Mop wringing pales into insignificance.

Patron: I do sympathise about getting 'hand's on' with a filthy gritty collect of rancid strings.  You need one of those industrial mop buckets with the built in wringer.  Not the housewife 'dished thing' where you twist it and hope for the best, but the serious beast where you shove the damp mop in, press down on a lever, and two rollers run down the length of the hanging mop and squeeze it dry.  You get a free workout too as long as you remember to alternate arms.

Gyppo

Offline trev

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
SHEDS/GARAGE.
This morning I moved some stone cutting machinery out onto the driveway, which I had intended selling to a diamond cutter in Birmingham (UK) after cleaning it up I decided it was too good to get rid of, besides I really do want to learn the finner skills of precious stone cutting and polishing. its back in the garage.

So far I have a three draw filling cabinet, and a load of camping gear to donate to our local ATC in the car. Also a five foot wooden wall clock and five albums of first day stamps for the auction house.

We are looking at houses in the Oxford area, one stipulation I have made is, it must have at least a biggish shed.

Offline Dibbledabble

« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
people always say I have a different prespective to life than others. And as I read your little bit there it was, my sideways view.

I was thinking why would you go to the fridge for a water bottle at night. Is it really hot where you live? I had never heard of someone with a cold water bottle.

It wasnt until later did I realize it was for drinking, not a hot water bottle for slipping between the sheets to warm a cold bed.

I kind of like the idea a of a chilly water bottle Brrrrrrrr cold feet

Dibs