Author Topic: My Last Nights Disaster  (Read 9351 times)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: My Last Nights Disaster
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »
They sound like a very time consuming stone Trev.

I should find out more from the cuz but rarely see him. Its a bit of a drive to his house.  :D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline trev

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2012, 04:49:05 AM »

Yes it is, I only worked in the lapidary field with one person, whether other stone cutters do something different I'm not sure.  ???

When you mention your cousin being a bit of a drive away, you probably talk about many miles, when I say a bit of a drive away, it's usually around 2 hours
I gained Experience from not reading the small print.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2012, 06:07:05 AM »
 :D :D

About two days over this way Trev. Its 9 hours solid travel so we would do it over two day for sure.

I love to go to Darwin, but thats 7 days for us. You can drive it faster than that but thats daylight till dark stuff. I like to smell the roses.  ;)

Offline trev

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:14 AM »
Fire Fly, if I was driving for that long, it would be more than roses you would be smelling.  :-*

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
 :D :D :D

I do enjoy the driving Trev, love seeing the little out of the way places I have to say.

We will go again this year and look for more red dirt, its the best sort.  ;D

Offline trev

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 04:57:35 AM »

You seem to enjoy the drive FF, not quite sure what is significant with red dirt? If I were you I would take a shovel and hope to find opal rock, the rock attached to the opal incidentally is called POTCH. I think that's how you spell it?

I am sure I couldn't drive for that length of time now. Some years ago I had to drive none stop. from south of France right the way around all the sea ports before getting to the last port still operating, due to one of Frances many workers strikes, this time taking place in the ports, driving over 1000 miles.

I have been to France five times, and every time workers were called out on strike. I have been the third car from the end, on the last ferry out. The last passengers on the last flight out twice, the second time our lugage got lost. I have vowed never to visit France again. Even though its a lovely country.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
 :o :o :o

Blimey what a run Trev.

I do like the drive, the scenery, wildlife etc. We stop in obscure places and have a fish or a swim or just click photos. I love photography, not a brilliant one but I enjoy it.

The red dirt is just so red, it mesmerizes me.

Heres a photo I love (shut your eyes Ma  :o :o) It shows the stark colour of the dirt against one of our critters. (Ma hates our  critters)

Its a black headed python.

Patron

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
Fire-Fly what a great post!

I am sorry I am responding very late, but I believe I have something valuable to contribute.

I am a bachelor, as one might perceive. I am going to pat myself on the back in saying that I am an accomplished chef. Thus being said, I am very adept in cleaning my kitchen and I also have an ability to make sure that anything I use in the house is replaced to its location and I live without clutter.

However, I definitely can identify with what you posted, and not by the sort of, handyman needed sort of way, but by the way that I simply cannot pick up several important cleaning items necessary in every home. This would include the following; a toilet brush, a broom and the worst, a mop. I know it sounds weird but I can't touch these items: Let me explain.

First of all, as a male, I can certify that I can pee in a given ceramic hole that will allow my pee, to hit the center of the standing water. However, as we males are, when sober of course, we have an appendage that does move and....well when we are not sober, the bowl seems to move also, but that's another story. We can manage to hit that center bowl of water. The problem that God has tasked us with is that we need to clean the resultant spray that develops from a comfortable and relaxing pee experience: As if flushing wasn't enough, now we must wipe the bowl?

Oh my God, are we serious?

Then the worst and most defile cleaning job in the world certainly resolves around the entire broom and mop experience. I got to tell you that from personal experience, this really sucks. I have granite floors in my house. Every time I walk in and out of my house dirt magically appears. The worst part about that is that you first must sweep the dirt in a very cleanly manner and than the second and quite possibly the most important part is that you need to mop.

.Oh my God! Who invented mopping? Wait a minute; forget who invented moping, but what idiot decided to use a mop that you have to use your bare hands to squeeze out the water after every rinse? This man, I think should be hunted down and hung by his hairy nairys. :)

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline fire-fly

Patron

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2012, 02:06:40 AM »
I've got to get the new tech my dear, because I don't enjoy wringing.

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
 ;D ;D

I'm with you on that one. I think I should get me a cleaner and not have to do any of it.  :D

Patron

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2012, 02:19:30 AM »
I'm with you on that. A cleaner is the way, except here in my world the cleaners clean and offer to clean the pipes and more if you get my drift. Maybe a good thing, except it gets a bit expensive in the long run.
 ;D

Sincerely;

Patron

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »
Great imagery Patron, thanks a lot.

Now to go try wash my eyeballs.  :o :o

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2012, 05:29:42 AM »
What is this mop of which you speak?

Real men using a scrubbing brush, wielded by either some strapping great wench with arms like Mike Tyson who is quite capable of wearing through even a granite floor in a matter of weeks, or some shapely little dolly who wriggles her bum when she's scrubbing in an effort to stop you noticing she's just relocating the dirt rather than removing it.

The give-away sign is the water in the mop bucket.  If it's still clear when she's finished then she's probably one of those' other' cleaners Patron mentioned.  If it's thick enough to walk on she's 'a real treasure' even if she looks like a cross between George Foreman and a bulldozer.  Treat her to a cup of tea or a cigarette when she's finished, pay her wages (in cash) on time, and she'll be yours for life.  She's probably part of a select circle of equally formidable women who will cover for each other during illness and holidays.

All the above is bollocks, of course.  Real men don't mop.  They scrape.  They know that chasing small amounts of dirt is inefficient and most certainly not cost effective.  So they wait until the accumulation is thick enough to be scraped up.

A good steel floor scraper is an impressively simple and effective tool, and can be fitted with a long enough handle to suit even the tallest of men.  Having right angled edges - when new, they even go right into corners.  When they get a bit tired they can be revived with a few strokes of a file.  Which doesn't work anywhere near as well with a mop.  Or a cleaning lady.

They're a bit brutal for vinyl floor coverings, which are just an affectation anyway.  Not a patch on the fifty year old linoleum which still covers he floor of Mum's room.  Amazing stuff.  Centuries from now archeologists will look at it in wonder, just as they now look at Roman mosaic floors.  When you need to use 'gentle' cleaning products and techniques then you know you've been sold a pup.

Speaking of which, a dog is an excellent way of cleaning up scraps of dropped food ;-)  The trade off of course is the hairs, but in this house at least we live with hair anyway.  Long grey ones seem to love the carpet, but our 'take no prisoners' vacuum cleaner loves them so all is well.

Gyppo  
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:21:40 AM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2012, 05:59:02 AM »
 :D :D :D

Boys will always be boys won't they.

My fridge clogged again so we pulled in the trolley, wheeled it out of its corner and used a compressed air machine to blow down the tubing. That didn't seem to have the right effect so we blew from the bottom up and bang, that cleared the sucker.

Also looked like one of Ma's cats had exploded in the fridge too but no more blockage. >:D

A quick clean out with vanilla spray, re loaded and back into its spot and working just fine. I ran a few litres of hot water down the tube as well as one lot of bleach, just to wash away the excess and kill any bugs.  :D