Author Topic: Hello, I am Jessica & new to this circle~  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Miss J Bouchard

Hello, I am Jessica & new to this circle~
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:29:48 PM »
I look forward to participating and learning. This really sounds like a wonderful place to be. I am excited to be a part of it, Thank you~

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Hello, I am Jessica & new to this circle~
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
Hi, Jessica.

Welcome to our comparatively safe corner of the Big Bad Web, where a surprising amount of good work gets done despite, or perhaps because of, the fun and games in the less organised corners of the site such as the MWC Bar or the Coffee Shop.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Welcome to My Writers Circle Jessica. Nice to have you with us.

To make the time you spend here a good experience for you and others, plus, to learn your way around MWC, start by clicking and reading the link below.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You'll find other Blue stick-pin (Stickies) at the top of the various boards to help you learn the ropes and made your time here more productive and enjoyable.

Don't forget to read and comment/critique on other members’ work before you ask the same from them.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help in any way we can.

Smiles,
Alice - Deep in the Heart of Texas
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me :) What is funny is that when I had first logged in, I had read so much that I hadn't realized my session had timed out and couldn't find any info on how to reply to anyone!  ;D Now that I am logged back in I thought I should share a bit about myself!

I have wanted to be a writer my entire life. I have written in journals off and on for most of my life, I have written for a little local coffee paper about 12-15 years ago and also, at that time, I wrote four books for children. I started to self publish the first one a year and a half ago (along with doing the illustrations myself). The process is nearly finished! I have heard so many stories about self publishing and traditional publishing, but I stuck with self, simply because I wanted to be in control of the design and the art.

I also began with an outline for a novel, which I think is a really fun and adventurous book, but I have not been able to 'start' it or piece together my thoughts. So, now I am here hoping to be inspired, to inspire and to hopefully learn how to get my work out there.

I have so much to learn! I would love to learn about freelance writing, but I am not so sure that I have what it takes or that my style would be right for magazines. I currently write for Zamoof Mag for children. I haven't done a piece for awhile, but I have been with them since 2006. 

So that is some of my story in a quick little reference, thank you for reading~ Happy Holidays!

Offline Butterfly21

• Dreaming big isn't a waste of time.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:11 PM »
Welcome to MWC.  ;D

Offline Laura H

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »
Nice to meet you!

Laura
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:39:01 AM »
Welcome to MWC, Jessica.  :)
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »
Thank you and nice to meet all of you as well!

Offline millsja

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
Miss J Bouchard ...

Welcome to myWritersCircle.

... Jim
James Maxwell

Lin

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »
Welcome Jessica and what a great name for a novelist

Jessica Bouchard!  Love it.

Lin x

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
Wow Lynn, Nice complement, thank you!  :) I feel honored to hear those words, now lets see if I can let go of fear and become that novelist!! Like someone said to me yesterday, it just starts with one word~ I am so excited to be here amongst so much talent!

MJB

Sam Cooper

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the site. Talent? People scatter when I attempt to juggle. :0

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 07:35:20 PM »
 :o

Lin

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »
I just got a lovely Christmas present and it's entitled 'You Know You're a Writer When...'  by Adair Laura

I love this one

'You Know You're a Writer When... You go out in a snowstorm wearing a T-shirt because it was summer when you sat down to write your novel.'

You have to get this book it is so inspiring.  One thing I noticed, the present was from my daughter, could it be that finally she has recognised her Mum is a serious writer of romantic fiction?

FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY.

Lin x

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 07:29:17 PM »
Thank you Lin. I appreciate inspiration. I will look into the book as soon as I have an income coming in :) I am currently looking to work in a bookstore and while I am at home I am learning everything I can about writing and breaking into the market. I am tired of being afraid of success and failure! I don't want to wake up at 80 and realize I never did the one thing I have always wanted to do since my first memory of it at 5. I remember anytime anyone asked me what I would be when I grew up, I said a writer. I told stories so long just about walking to school that everyone would tune me out and change the subject! haha.

yes, I feel the fear, and yes! I will do it anyway! Yesterday I started on a new book. I will spend another half hour on here and then I am going to finish reading an ebook I began this morning and then I will commit to a minimum of two hours writing!

MJB