Author Topic: Hello,and I hope i enjoy my stay :)  (Read 2910 times)

Offline thatollie

Re: Hello,and I hope i enjoy my stay :)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
Umm, I'm not sure who you are talking to...I assume it's Alex, since it's his post, duh!

Myself, I'm too new to add to my profile, so soon, hopefully I can.

Take care,

Susan

Yes, my question was directed at Alex. I've just checked back and noticed that I neglected to ask you. I'm sorry for that.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline sjhunt2005

• me
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:01 AM »
No need to be sorry, thanks tho. It is Alex's thread.

I hope I don't add too much here.

TC,

Susan
Addictions are horrible afflictions, but at least they stick by you through thick and thin...

I don't walk through the valley of death, I run like a crazy person...

Lin

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 04:12:35 AM »
And Alex don't forget to look in regularly - our members post much quicker replies than most forums.  Welcome aboard.

Lin x

Offline millsja

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
Welcome to the site!
It may sound counter-intuitive, but one of the fastest ways to improve your own writing skills, is to review other writer's work. You will be surprised at how much it helps you learn about your own writing!

yours,

... Jim
James Maxwell

Offline aoh2

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:01:43 AM »

@thatollie  - sorry didn't reply back to your question, didn't see it till today.

Anyways, I love reading Fantasy, mild-horror, action-based genres and sometimes when i enjoy this particular book, I would get so absorbed in it that it feels as though time passed so quickly.

Lol, if it was not for constant reminders in my email, i would not have visited this post, if not ever again. Thank you  MJB, very interesting find, have read some of the topics from the site and it's of some help to me.  Been spending more time here than watching tv, i wonder why?!  I guess i should comment in the critiquing other people's work, rather than browse the forum.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 01:19:30 AM »
@thatollie  - sorry didn't reply back to your question, didn't see it till today.

Anyways, I love reading Fantasy, mild-horror, action-based genres and sometimes when i enjoy this particular book, I would get so absorbed in it that it feels as though time passed so quickly.

Cool, who are your favourite authors?

Offline aoh2

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:08 AM »
Garth nix , Derek landy, Ursula K. Le Gui, Margaret K. McElderry are some of my favorite authors. Speaking of authors, i haven't read any books for two months now.  I will never forget the series of "city of bones(mortal instruments) by Margarent K.McElderry", can any one recommend me any books that is similar to this series? Whenever i have time, I shall read more books, and ofcourse, critique other people's works.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 01:49:30 AM »
I know a few people who have read them, I'll see if they can recommend anything. In the meantime, you might want to check out Joe Abercrombie and Patrick Rothfuss.

Offline Miss J Bouchard

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
YW, I am glad I could help :D

MJB