Author Topic: Unwritten Rules  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Gamin

• View Profile
Unwritten Rules
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:23:58 PM »
I'm just wondering if there are any unwritten rules to this internet forum that I'm not aware of. I know on some internet forums where you have to give a feedback to a person in order to receive a feedback from them.

I would like to comment on some of the work that I read here but I don't know enough about this field to give an expert opinion.

Offline Angeleyes

• View Profile
Re: Unwritten Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:11:57 AM »
Hiya Gamin. Believe me, I'm very new to all this too. You can leave feedback on anything you want;even though your not an expert. I read something wrong that Symphony wrote (still blush when I think about it), but she was great about it. I have posted a few things and it's great just to get feedback from anyone, so why not have a go. I'm enjoying myself; who knows you might too! I've found everyone to be really nice.
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline Mini

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 04:32:48 AM »
Hi Gamin and Ann,

I don't know the "unwritten rules" either, I just know that by reading and joining in, (if I feel I have something to contribute) is very informative for me. Ann is absolutely correct, they are a lovely bunch here.

I think I need to go to a writing class or something, because I have so much I want to learn. Because I am so new to writing, it is a slow process. Until recently had only ever written stuff for my own daughters, (when they were very young) or poetry.

But as Maria has pointed out, life frequently gets in the way. I don't have a free evening, or the fianances to go to one yet. But I will get there!

Mini

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 05:17:06 AM »
I don't think there are any unwritten rules. Why would we have unwritten rules in a writers' forum  ;)

You will, however, find a few written guidelines at the top of each board in a 'sticky' thread (i.e. it stays at the top and doesn't move down). These simply explain what the board in question is for, and clarify any questions arising.

Of course, if you do have anything you're unsure about, always feel free to contact either me or any of the other moderators.

Hope this helps  :)

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Lin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:04:17 AM »
All you need to do is comment if you feel you can, no pressure,  and if you agree with something just say so.  All comments welcome Also ask some questions on writing and you will obtain a reply for sure.  This is a good way to learn.

Lin
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 10:09:54 AM by Lin »

Offline gub2000

• There's always nest year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 04:42:46 PM »

I think I commented about a half dozen times before I posted some of my work.

gub2000
Don't ever ever give up - Winston Churchill

www.TheBestofYouTube.com - editor

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • View Profile
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 05:41:29 PM »
I like to read all the posts. Once in a while I'll spot something that I think I can comment on that might be of use to the writer. That's when I leave feedback. I don't expect any in return but it's welcome if it comes my way. That's one of the things that's wonderful about this site. All you have to do, really, is enjoy it and learn... :) Aelf