Author Topic: Open call for a new small press - Authors wanted  (Read 1099 times)

Offline GoodMourning

• View Profile
Open call for a new small press - Authors wanted
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Megan Hansen.  I just starting a small press named Good Mourning Publishing and the main objective is to encourage and support independent authors and artists. We're having an open call for "Accessible Love Stories."  This is to be an anthology of short romantic fiction in which one of the love interests is in a wheelchair permanently.

Authors will retain the copyright to their work, receive $0.002 per word, and receive a free paperback copy of the book upon publication.  The submission deadline is December 31, 2011.

General Submissions are always open.

Check out the site and please pass it along to anyone who might be interested!  Thanks!
http://www.goodmourningpublishing.com/

Offline allwritemel

• View Profile
Re: Open call for a new small press - Authors wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
If you don't mind me asking, are you accepting children's stories books?  We have several stories (children's books) which you may like - we have done all the market research so I'm wondering if you would like to see any - oh and I have several adult books too and a children's novel!

Mel

Offline GoodMourning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Hi Mel.  I'm sorry, we don't do children’s books, only adult with the theme of romance.  If you have any that fit the parameters, we'd love to take a look!  Thanks!

Offline Sean Patrick Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
Did I read that right, $.002 per word? I'd like to send in a seven word story  ;)

Offline GoodMourning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
Did I read that right, $.002 per word? I'd like to send in a seven word story  ;)
I'd figure out how to cut a penny into quarters for you! lol