Author Topic: Sarcastic Piece  (Read 6468 times)

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
Re: Sarcastic Piece
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 05:49:05 PM »
God has never played a joke on humanity

accepting the assumption of a God - I think I could argue above !!   ;D ;D

Carrie

Offline Writers Block

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »
I enjoyed reading it, and I must agree.

However I differ if one aspect.

It isn't God's word, but what a group of men want us to believe is God's word, so they can control us.

Well written too, btw.
I tend to critique in a harsh manner. Please remember it is not personal, but how I prefer anyone critiqueing me to be. It is far more useful IMO.

WB

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Offline kilter

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »
Not sure what U.S state it was in, but I read in one of our australian newspapers that an 80 year old woman who had taught sunday school for years was recently banned from doing so by her new pastor, reverend or whatever. Apparently, the scriptures forbid women from teaching religious matters. They should confine themselves to quiet contemplation... :(
Hah! Perhaps they should cover themselves in black cloth and stay indoors as well... ;) The irony was momentous!  :o
-I can't tolerate fools, most likely because I am one.
-Writing is a long winding road, but every curve has its worthwhile view!

Offline eric

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 10:08:17 PM »
As a side note, two religions I knew something about have very funny practitioners.  The Dalai Lama jokes about himself frequently in public and some of the roadmen of the Native American Church whom I've known joke about everything conceivable.  Not during the spiritual ceremonies themselves, mind you, which are about connecting with the Great Mystery, but afterward.  Spiritual realization is supposed to be about joy, after all. So some faiths do have a funny bone, even if Christianity or others might not.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:20:11 PM by eric »