Author Topic: A happy writer  (Read 5576 times)

robert1704

A happy writer
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:28:54 PM »
Jayel has a lot of wisdom. Last week when I announced my second interview with a newspaper, she said:
"Once it begins it just keeps growing as long as you keep running with the ball "

Today there was an article about me in two newspapers (I didn't even know they were linked)

And as a complete surprise, the Belgian Radio 1 called me for an interview on the 8th of February.
It goes fast now, also the visits to my website have more than doubled.

I'll try to keep the ball as long as possible. So: " TV what is holding you up? I am waiting!"  ;D

Jayel

Re: A happy writer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
*giggles gleefully* I am absolutely thrilled for you! Maybe we will soon run into one another at an international writers' conference!

It is like magic though, isn't it? How one opportunity snowball's into another? My big one this year is book signing at BookExpo America, I still pinch myself everytime I reread the invitation.  It has just blown me away.  I think it was Suzie talking about how publishing opened so many doors for her, and that is what I have discovered as well - once people start talking about your work there seems to be that epiphany of discovery and then your schedule just fills itself. Wait until they start paying you to speak!

*sends lots of postive energy to Robert*

Offline Maria

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:00:49 PM »
Hello Robert,

That is so fantastic, congrats. It is also very encouraging to me to plod on no matter how hard it is or how long it takes.  Hope things continue this way for you maybe I will one day be asking for your autograph.

Maria x
There is no such word as CANT

Offline prophetcharlesb

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »
Alright!!! Congrats Robert, hope you much blue skies and smoooooth sailing.
"A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life"

christopher morley

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 04:01:30 PM »
Wow! Robert and Jayel - exciting times! I have to satisfy myself with being excited for everyone else at the moment (not much of a hardship, I can assure you - I love reading of other people's successes) - but I hope some day my time will come, too. Just want the excuse to party along with you, actually  ;D ;D

It must be such a fantastic thrill - good luck to BOTH of you - and may that ball keep rolling and never roll out of sight ...

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 06:49:08 PM »
   Hi Robert,

Bravo, Bravo !!!  way cool ! can I have an autograph too (giggle)  :) mary

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 03:16:18 AM »
WOW!! Well done to both of you. Hope you contine your journey. It gives everyone else a boost to know that it can actually be done!!
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.