Author Topic: Creating a video book trailer  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Miss J Bouchard

Re: Creating a video book trailer
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
I read that Nick used him so I went straight to his site, and after I watched your trailer the second time, I noticed that you had also used his music. It took over an hour of listeneing to his stuff but I found one that worked really well. My book is about a boy who is terminally ill with cancer so it had to be on the lighter side and ironically I found a song called 'happy boy end theme'... yikes, anyway, it worked and I just need good copies of the pages and have my brother edit the text to make sure it is relevent and catchy :) Then it will be ready to go! It's only 54 sec but I think for a picture book, I don't need much more :)

I am currently reading Nicks ebook on writing a proposal. I have not moved forward with writing my entire life because I did not know 'how' to get started. I am so grateful for getting hooked up with his page. I am not even sure how I did now, but I started a new book yesterday and I am so excited to learn that I don't have to finish it before I send it out! To think I wasted all these years just living! haha!

I always said I would grow up and be a writer, I am now wondering when I will grow up!  ;D

MJB

Offline Andrew Biss

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »
Your book sounds really interesting, MJB. And I think roughly a minute is great for a book trailer - enough time to get people hooked!

Anyway, I think all that living makes you a better writer  :)

As for me, I'll never grow up  :D

Offline millsja

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
I would like to thank you starting this thread.

After reading it, I found a local podcaster's support group in the Boulder/Denver area.
We are going to have a meetup in one of their studios in just a few weeks.
In addition to trailers, I would like to learn to create podcasts of me reading my stories
(I might as well take advantage of almost 50 years on stage.)

Thanks again.

Yours,

... Jim
James Maxwell